X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

in Menu is the subfolder in protected folder visible

03 Nov 2011, 14:06

Hi all,

i have on my gallerymenu protected folders. Under the protected Folders i have subfolders. And on the Menu i see all subfolders and i can expand the menu.
But i don't want see any not authorized Person the Content under the protected Folder.

How i can this realize or customize with Parameter?

Can you help on this Problem?

Best Regards
Danjel

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: in Menu is the subfolder in protected folder visible

03 Nov 2011, 22:41

Sorry, but the menu does not hide password-protected folders. If it did, then how would you find them?

Passworded folders are simply folders with password, but they will always display in the menu. If you strictly want to make a hidden folder, you should click "hide" from the admin, and then you need to provide the direct link to this hidden folder (which can also be password protected) to the visitors who are supposed to see it.

The menu simply does not work like that, hiding subfolders of a folder that is password protected. Sorry!

fsfs
Experienced

04 May 2012, 19:37

No solution for this?

People that press the folder, X, should immediately be asked for pwd. Cause we set the pwd on the first folder, X, not on it's subfolders.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 May 2012, 07:49

fsfs wrote:No solution for this?

People that press the folder, X, should immediately be asked for pwd. Cause we set the pwd on the first folder, X, not on it's subfolders.
Passwords protect the content of a folder, so it only prompts for password if it tries to load any content from a folder. If there is no content to load for a folder, it will not ask for a password. Besides, even if it did ask for a password, this would need to be de-generated upon all subfolders. What happens if someone tries to load a subfolder from URL without even using the menu? A password on the parent folder would have no effect unless Imagevue was to duplicate the password on all child folders somehow. Sorry, there is currently no solution for this, but we will consider what can be done.

globetrotter
Imagevue Expert

03 Jun 2012, 14:59

Is there already a solution for this 'problem'?
Rene
http://www.globetrotternet.nl/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Jun 2012, 02:13

globetrotter wrote:Is there already a solution for this 'problem'?
Sorry, no. So you want a parent password for a main folder, that will unlock all subfolders? ... and this password needs to apply on all the subfolders and subsubfolders also, for example if a subfolder is accessed directly from URL? This means that a password set on a folder, must be distributed down to all its subfolders also. What happens if one unlocks the password for a subfolder? Does it then unlock the parent folder where the password was set also? What happens if one sets a separate password on a subfolder? Does it disconnect from the parent password? Its complicated

globetrotter
Imagevue Expert

04 Jun 2012, 12:36

What I want is: when you click in the menu on a protected folder, you have to enter the password first. After that the menu opens, and you can see the other folder-names behind the protected folder. And see all the content.

Now everybody can see all the folder-names behind the protected folder. Only the content is not visible.
Rene

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

04 Jun 2012, 19:27

HTML / Mobile versions work like this - they don't show you the folders inside the password-protected folder. At all.

But Flash gallery is different in a way that it doesn't display folder "thumbnails" and relies on the menu.
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Jun 2012, 06:49

We need to consider this, although as you can see, its complicated. I understand what you want, but there are some issues. You want to set a parent password, but I again need to ask, should this password be also set on the subfolders? For example when they are accessed directly from a link?

Its different for the html galleries, as they just load a new page with a new menu after clicking a password item.

globetrotter
Imagevue Expert

06 Jun 2012, 06:02

I think when you access a protected subfolder through a link, you have to enter te password. Is it not possible to 'lock' the menu for this folders, until the password is entered. So the protected subfolders are not visible.
Rene

typhon

26 Feb 2014, 03:33

Hello @ all,

I reactive this topic because I've the same "problem". I did a workaround and maybe it's interessting for someone with the same problem.

In my root directory I installed the public gallery with content for "everyone".

I created a subfolder for the "secured" are and protected the folder with a htaccess password (it's possible with the most webhoster or if you have root access to your webserver).

In the "secured" Area I've copied imagevue so I've installed imagevue twice. In the "open" area I put a link to the secured area and so noone see the folders inside the secured are. In the secured area I put a link back to the "root" directory to navigate back.

Beside I'm new @ imagevue and I think this is a great gallery but I miss the user control like gallery3 where I can choose which user can access witch gallery...

greetz
typhon