Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

kimchiking
Topic Author

SWF doesnt load properly

11 Feb 2012, 06:34

Hi there,

I am struggling with a SWF file that I use. The format resizes when I he loads into the page and if you click the screen, the view of the SWF resizes every time. How can I make the SWF without being stretched (its using XML to retrieve data)? Hope you can help me out here.

http://www.vanavendonck.net/flash/#/con ... square.swf

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: SWF doesnt load properly

13 Feb 2012, 04:53

The problem with SWF files, are that they don't really have any width/height ... Basically a SWF files width height is defined by the outer boundaries of all the content of the clip, which might be animated and/or change over time! Because of this, Imagevue tries to resize and position the clip based on the width at the time of positioning. Since your clip may be dynamic in size, this may have adverse effects ...

Best solution? In your SWF/animation, create a transparent square background that emulates the out boundaries of your clip. Imagevue will now use the size of the transparent clip to position and resize the SWF. As long as your animations occur within the boundaries of the transparent rectangle, then the size will stay consistent and so will the aspect.

kimchiking
Topic Author

Re: SWF doesnt load properly

17 Feb 2012, 06:58

Thanks for your reply! I tried several things now... and eventually I succeeded in finding a solutions. If you load an external SWF (through a button) into a different level the problem of resizing doesn't occur. Great!