Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Imagevue Troubleshooting FAQ

09 Jan 2009, 13:53

Often many people asking same question over and over, gonna try to keep an updated list of some answers and keep some interesting threads here too.

Config: How to display my logo above the menu?
Few steps process actually:
viewtopic.php?t=4555

Speed: How fast will it work with my images? How to make it faster?
If you using thousands of picture Imagevue is becoming filesystem demanding, especially with large image and folder arrays. The slowdowns can be alleviated by using proxy server on site or by moving to a faster host.
virtualToShared: viewtopic.php?p=9795#9795

Email: Everything is enabled but still getting error "could not mail"
We use php mail() function, no smtp or anything, simplest function. On some servers it might be disabled. Before posting about that issue please read:
couldNotMail: viewtopic.php?t=4460

DRM: Any way to complicate lives of image leechers?
You can disable all ways to get image or image url, there are quite a few actually:
nodownload: viewtopic.php?p=14305#14305

Error: Failed to write session data
This happens every so often, session data is some small info to identify user who is logged in. This is stored on server, in temp directory. But sometimes this is either misconfigured or just directory not created or unwritable. We can't fix it, this should be forwarded to your hosting support.
sessions: viewtopic.php?p=12261#12261

Upgrade: How to convert v1 gallery to X2?
Not that this asked frequently, but worth mentioning anyway:
v1upgrade: viewtopic.php?p=14384#14384

Upload: Why I can't upload files bigger than X Mb?
This restriction is set in php.ini in upload-max-filesize. If you don't have access to php.ini, please consult your hosting provider about how to change it.
maxupload: http://en.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.ph ... x-filesize
Last edited by Nick on 21 Jun 2009, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.
firedev.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

30 Jan 2009, 09:26

Setup: Upload, edit config doesn't work. Suhosin.
Applies only if your Diag > phpinfo mentions 'suhosin' somewhere.
Suhosin is a "hardened php project" and while Imagevue works with it, sometimes it is wrongly configured and prevents Gallery from working trying to block uploader and config editing because it can ..er.. has settings for that.

Here http://www.phpfreaks.com/content/print/36 they say suhosin.ini should be somewhere in /etc/php5/conf.d or something, but I was unable to find it myself on my server.

On its home site I found some docs, http://www.hardened-php.net/suhosin/con ... simulation
Will my application break because Suhosin is too restrictive?

Some people fear that the protections implemented by Suhosin are too restrictive for their applications and that after installing it, their applications stop working. Therefore Suhosin comes with a special configuration option: suhosin.simulation. When this is enabled Suhosin will continue logging violated rules but the actual blocking will not be performed.
So, how to disable it? Either:

Add .htaccess in gallery root directory with

php_flag suhosin.simulation On

or

Add suhosin.simulation=Off to php.ini

or

Edit suhosin.ini if you can find it, extension=suhosin.so should be commented out with ;
;extension=suhosin.so
firedev.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

18 Mar 2009, 07:24

How to turn off suhosin and mod_security to get multiple-file uploaders to work?

1. You have to upload .htaccess file in your gallery root with the following:

2. Disable suhosin:
php_flag suhosin.simulation On

3. Disable mod_security:
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

If .htaccess directives not working or display error 500, you either trying to block extension you don't have installed (check diag page), or this functionality is just disabled on your server.
firedev.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

09 May 2009, 03:57

Where can I find the .htaccess file (and other files) of imagevue (x2) to disable suhosin?

You just create file names '.htaccess' in any text editor like Notepad. The only thing, on MacOS it's better to create 'htaccess' file first (without dot), upload it and then rename to '.htaccess'
firedev.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

09 Jun 2009, 09:42

Windows IIS 403 Access Denied when accessing Imagevue Admin

This is caused by IIS setting, 'Custom Error Page' or something.
To disable it you should go to IIS Control Panel, choose your site, click Edit Pages icon, then find 403 page and delete custom IIS error page.
firedev.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

07 Oct 2009, 04:15

PHP Optimizers (namely eAccelerator) causing random errors and nothing works.

If you have something like this in phpinfo:
with eAccelerator v0.9.5.1, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.31, Copyright (c) 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Optimizer v3.3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies
try to add this .htaccess to your site:
php_flag eaccelerator.enable 0
php_flag eaccelerator.optimizer 0
firedev.com