Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

exelone
Topic Author

Multiple domain names and SEOs

02 Jul 2013, 01:41

Hello,

I have my main site and I have a second domain name redirecting traffic back to the main one. I want to know if in the Google Analytics Accoiunt ID section, can i put more than 1 UA-XXXXX-Y tracking code? If so, do I separate by comma? or is this not possible?

Looking to set up analytics to see which domain name is driving traffic.

Thanks
Alexander

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Multiple domain names and SEOs

02 Jul 2013, 20:57

This is not directly related to Imagevue, although I do have some experience with SEO. First of all, there is nothing wrong with re-directing. Google will understand redirection and will index the domain that you are redirecting to.

I don't think you can set up multiple Analytics for the same website. After all, the analytics will trigger when the website triggers, and that is AFTER the website is loaded on the end-domain. Besides, you can track anything with the same analytics account anyway even if you did NOT do redirect. You should be able to track how many visitors are being forwarded from the domain that redirects, and then compare it to total amount.

If you need in-depth expertise on this topic, I suggest you post in Google Analytics forum.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Multiple domain names and SEOs

02 Jul 2013, 20:57

This is not directly related to Imagevue, although I do have some experience with SEO. First of all, there is nothing wrong with re-directing. Google will understand redirection and will index the domain that you are redirecting to.

I don't think you can set up multiple Analytics for the same website. After all, the analytics will trigger when the website triggers, and that is AFTER the website is loaded on the end-domain. Besides, you can track anything with the same analytics account anyway even if you did NOT do redirect. You should be able to track how many visitors are being forwarded from the domain that redirects, and then compare it to total amount.

If you need in-depth expertise on this topic, I suggest you post in Google Analytics forum.