Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjm383
Topic Author

RSS

16 Feb 2013, 05:11

Has or does anyone know how to implement a RSS feed.
Would like to let people when I have updated my gallery and this is probably the best way I can think of.
But there seems to be no mention of it on the forums.

Just come acrss this http://www.webdesignerhelp.co.uk/index. ... -rss-feed/

But need to find out how to implement it into my gallery.

any help or pointers appreciated :lol:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: RSS

16 Feb 2013, 23:44

An RSS feed though, are you gonna have an RSS feed for each of your folders? Or an RSS feed for all images in your entire gallery? For people to stay updated on "new" stuff added, you would need to maintain an RSS which represents only the new stuff you add, and doesnt really represent the structure of Imagevue. Besides it would be tedious to maintain unless you get it automated somehow ...

Furthermore, RSS is not widely used any longer ... People rely more on social media these days to be informed when something new is available ... Why not post vividly on social media with a new image, alongside a link, when you are doing updates?

Just my thoughts ... Sorry can't help you any with the RSS part ...

mjm383
Topic Author

18 Feb 2013, 05:25

Sounds good advice Karl, I do add a link to my website on my flickr images, maybe worth adding a link to ones on facebook..

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Feb 2013, 12:48

You should start a Facebook "page" for your photography, posting new favorite pics once in a while, and links to new folders or images in the gallery. You should also start a Twitter account, and even if you don't use it actively, you can set it to sync with updates you add to the Facebook page. This will allow Twitter uses to stay in loop with your updates. Finally, I would recommend setting up Google+ page also, as some people rely on Google+ to stay updated.

Google Plus Page (not personal account, allowing people to follow your photography)
Facebook Page (not personal account)
Twitter

That is the ones you need to cover most people.

mjm383
Topic Author

18 Feb 2013, 16:12

Thanks for the reply Karl, will look into those a bit more

M>