Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

amanuensis
Experienced
Topic Author

Failed to load

07 Feb 2013, 07:35

I have just gone into my admin and created a new folder - then uploaded 2 x small jpg test images- saved the info, gone to the front of imagevue to check that they are displaying and as thumbnails they are showing, but, when I click the thumbnail to enlarge the image i am getting an error message that i have not had before:
Failed to load

This is a worry, as no matter what i do it seems to come back with this error message

Everything else that is already in place seem to be fine
Last edited by amanuensis on 07 Feb 2013, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.

amanuensis
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Failed to load

07 Feb 2013, 08:02

I seem to have found a workaround which is - don't upload the images from the image admin panel - when I uploaded the images via FTP after creating a new folder in the admin all seemed to work fine - when I uploaded the images using the uploading facility in the admin the errors occur - any ideas as to why this is so would be appreciated.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

07 Feb 2013, 09:00

I believe this is related to the safe_mode enabled on your server, you can try to disable it by uploading a file called .htaccess to the root folder of the gallery with the following content:
Code
php_value safe_mode "0"
firedev.com

elpd
Experienced

20 Feb 2013, 09:55

Hi there, I have a similar problem.

Quite often when I load my imagevue website it shows a message "Failed to load: http://.....and then the link to the image".
When I copy the link and go there the file indeed does not exist ANYMORE because it's relocated or deleted by using the admin.
This is strange because I always use the admin to add, remove or relocate an image.
In my opinion this means that the .xml of the specific map still contains information of images that are not there anymore.

Is there a way to rebuild the XML without loosing the titles and description of the images?

I hope somebody can help me with this issue and sorry for my bad English (if so).

Regards Erik

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Feb 2013, 07:20

I believe this is not corrupt XML files but instead the result of clicking quickly through menu items and/or images, and it will often cancel a load that started when you switch menus while an image or thumbnail is loading. It may even append wrong path to an image that is cancelled, but it should not be a problem. Do you get some kinda error messages or something?

elpd
Experienced

21 Feb 2013, 08:35

Maybe you are right! I did some more investigation and indeed it depends on when, or how fast you skip to another item in the menu or scrollbar. The problem is that i can't control the behavior of the visitors of my website. The only thing I know is that people leave my site because of the error messages. Is there a way to turn off the error messages the gallery is reporting?

Thanks for your answer!

Erik

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Feb 2013, 11:30

Can you do me a favor and test something? Disable the autoplay slideshow, and set your startpage to normal gallery mode ... See if it makes a difference. I believe this issue is somehow triggered from the autoplay slideshow with large images you have on the start folder.

elpd
Experienced

21 Feb 2013, 11:47

I disabled the autoplay function for the portfolio maps and I used the following parameters for the intro:
Code
image.image.scale=croptostage
thumbnails.thumbnailscroller.enabled=false
image.closebutton.enabled=false
image.imagebuttons.enabled=false
controls.largecontrols.enabled=false
image.slideshow.autostart=true
settings.startmode=image
controls.maincontrols.enabled=false
I changed these to:
Code
thumbnails.thumbnailscroller.enabled=false
image.closebutton.enabled=false
image.imagebuttons.enabled=false
controls.largecontrols.enabled=false
settings.startmode=image
controls.maincontrols.enabled=false

elpd
Experienced

21 Feb 2013, 11:54

I think it's indeed the autoplay / slideshow that's causing the error message and not the croptostage
If I turn on the slideshow and start navigating and clicking I sometimes get the error message. If it's off, I don't.
What is your opinion on this?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Feb 2013, 00:28

My opinion is that there likely is a bug in the error reporting dialog box, as it should not be reporting an image loading that is cancelled.

Please try this updated SWF file:
https://d.pr/f/zgxz
Remember to empty your browser cache before running it.

elpd
Experienced

23 Feb 2013, 09:24

I think you solved the problem because I did not received any error message for the last 24 hours. It even seems to work smoother and faster, and I turned on autoplay again for the slideshow.

Thanks!