Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Shane Shane
Topic Author

Changing White video placeholder box to picture

22 Dec 2012, 01:28

My goal is to simply click on a picture of my video and have it play in image mode and also be able to utilize the sharing function. What happens now is I cant get it to open in image mode. All my other galleries do but this one. Weird. But when I force it into image mode by clicking the button on the upper right corner I can click on the image and see the video but then it closes and you just see a white box with the name of the video. Below is a link.

http://www.shanemaritch.com/imagevue/#/Actor Videos/Speed_Reels/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Changing White video placeholder box to picture

22 Dec 2012, 23:39

Ok, I am not 100% sure what you mean in all your references, but let me try ...

First of all, the link you give is to the folder, so it will show the thumbnails no matter what ... Just so that is clear. If you want to access a video directly, then the URL would look like this:
http://www.shanemaritch.com/imagevue/#/ ... effery.mp4

... and the result, is the video playing directly ... something I imagine you are referring to as "image mode", although technically speaking, since these videos are opening in an external lightbox, they are not really part of the Imagevue image mode since they just "open".

I can see that you are missing having the "share" ability directly available from the video that is playing. Unfortunately, this was a bit difficult since its not technically part of the core Imagevue interface, and instead is a popup window with a video player.
Shane Shane wrote:What happens now is I cant get it to open in image mode.
I am not entirely sure what you mean here ... You mean it doesnt start to autoplay first video when clicking the this folder in the main menu if you have imagemode=image in settings?
Shane Shane wrote:But when I force it into image mode by clicking the button on the upper right corner I can click on the image and see the video but then it closes and you just see a white box with the name of the video.
Yes, because this is basically a placeholder inside the Imagevue SWF for the video. It is not seen much anyway, because you would normally click a thumbnail, opening the video in a lightbox, and when closing the video, you would be back int he thumbnails mode. This placeholder is only a fallback in case somebody for instance is in slideshow mode when viewing videos (which is not very likely).

Shane Shane
Topic Author

19 Jan 2013, 14:47

Is there any way at all to directly share a single video the same way you can with a picture? All I want and need to do is for me or anybody viewing the video to have the ability to share it via facebook or whatever.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Jan 2013, 00:33

Shane Shane wrote:Is there any way at all to directly share a single video the same way you can with a picture? All I want and need to do is for me or anybody viewing the video to have the ability to share it via facebook or whatever.
Copying the URL of the video is the simplest solution ...

Unfortunately, there is no "share" button baked directly into the lightbox video player that pops up on that page, so you would need to copy the URL. Optionally, you can use the share button once the video lightbox is closed:

Basically this creates the following URL, which is better for sharing since it will redirect based on device.
http://www.shanemaritch.com/imagevue/im ... effery.mp4

Shane Shane
Topic Author

21 Jan 2013, 10:11

Yes but when I click on the link it shows me the blank white placeholder that says click here to open video . So I click it and nothing happens. This isnt good? It would be nice if the white placeholder was the same pic that comes up in the facebook share and play the video when clicked. How can i get a working solution here?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

23 Jan 2013, 00:22

Hmm this is an interesting suggestion, unfortunately as of now this isn't possible.

Theoretically speaking we probably could extract a preview image from a video file, but it would require some changes in how Imagevue works with images and thumbnails.
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Jan 2013, 06:14

Shane Shane wrote:Yes but when I click on the link it shows me the blank white placeholder that says click here to open video . So I click it and nothing happens. This isnt good? It would be nice if the white placeholder was the same pic that comes up in the facebook share and play the video when clicked. How can i get a working solution here?
This has something to do with your custom embed. You have somehow set this link to redirect to your portfolio.html:
http://www.shanemaritch.com/imagevue/im ... effery.mp4

By default, it would redirect to this, and as you can see, the video opens directly:
http://shanemaritch.com/imagevue/#/Acto ... effery.mp4