X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

justwildlife
Experienced
Topic Author

Method to Remove folder name and image name in Browser

03 Sep 2012, 00:34

Hi

I'm wondering if Imagevue has any option to hide display of Folders and Image names in Browser Bar.

What I've observed is that if some one click on image then he can see actual file name and location of image in Browser Address Bar which is prone to theft of images.

I want to avoid this, please guide if it can be done in ImagevueX ?
Wildlife and Nature Photographer

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Method to Remove folder name and image name in Browser

03 Sep 2012, 02:56

justwildlife wrote:I'm wondering if Imagevue has any option to hide display of Folders and Image names in Browser Bar.
Yes. Just go to admin -> settings -> settings.useSWFAddress, and disable it. This will prevent deep-linking in the gallery of course, but you can't have both worlds.
justwildlife wrote:What I've observed is that if some one click on image then he can see actual file name and location of image in Browser Address Bar which is prone to theft of images.
Its not the actual path through, because it skips the content folder, so they dont know this ... Anyone with some web skill will easily be able to use the browser inspector to find the exact path where your image is loading from regardless of displaying the path in the URL.

justwildlife
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Method to Remove folder name and image name in Browser

03 Sep 2012, 03:16

Thanks for the help. It made my work easier to handle.
Wildlife and Nature Photographer