X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

amanuensis
Experienced
Topic Author

Questions regarding links and Thumbnails

08 Aug 2012, 18:42

Hi

I have a number of questions that I would appreciate answers to please - I have gleaned the forums looking for answers to these questions, but no luck.
In the 'Gallery Menu' when I hover my mouse over a category that has no addition folders inside of it only image files, I get a thumbnail floating to the right of the category I am hovering over, thats perfect - only problem is that when i do the same and hover my mouse over a category that has other folders/sub categories inside of it, no thumbnail appears - How can I get the a thumbnail to appear there also?

I would like to link to my 'recent projects' folder in Imagevuex from another web page using an href link, but I can only find a way to link (using the URL produced) to the sub categories as the 'recent projects' folder in the menu doesn't seem to produce a URL for me to use as a link.
Is there a way I can link to 'Recent projects'.

Thank you

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Questions regarding links and Thumbnails

09 Aug 2012, 03:12

amanuensis wrote:In the 'Gallery Menu' when I hover my mouse over a category that has no addition folders inside of it only image files, I get a thumbnail floating to the right of the category I am hovering over, thats perfect - only problem is that when i do the same and hover my mouse over a category that has other folders/sub categories inside of it, no thumbnail appears - How can I get the a thumbnail to appear there also?
This feature shows preview image for the folder you are hovering mouse over. Unfortunately, since a category folder has no images, it does not have any preview image either, so none will be displayed. We will consider if perhaps we can improve this feature somehow in the next release ...
amanuensis wrote:I would like to link to my 'recent projects' folder in Imagevuex from another web page using an href link, but I can only find a way to link (using the URL produced) to the sub categories as the 'recent projects' folder in the menu doesn't seem to produce a URL for me to use as a link.
Is there a way I can link to 'Recent projects'.
You can only link to items that are clickable in the Imagevue menu ... If you try to link to a category folder, Imagevue will try to display the files in the folder, but of course it would be empty ...

Sorry, Imagevue does not display folders inside the main content area.

tschortsch
Experienced

10 Aug 2012, 04:21

mjau-mjau wrote:This feature shows preview image for the folder you are hovering mouse over. Unfortunately, since a category folder has no images, it does not have any preview image either, so none will be displayed. We will consider if perhaps we can improve this feature somehow in the next release ...
Will such a feature be available for the mobile gallery as well? This would be awesome!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Questions regarding links and Thumbnails

13 Aug 2012, 00:55

tschortsch wrote:Will such a feature be available for the mobile gallery as well? This would be awesome!
Yes, the availability of this feature would also span the mobile version.

tschortsch
Experienced

13 Aug 2012, 01:17

Wow! I'm really looking forward to this future release!