Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

eskimo121
Experienced

Re: powerpack 2.2 compatible with new imagevuex 2.8.2?

18 Aug 2012, 15:12

Hi Artur, I love your powerpack so i made a small donation earlier. :mrgreen:
Anyway I had powerpack running successfully on Imavegue 2.8 before but now i just updated it with 2.8.2 and replaced everything except the Content and iv-config folders (standard update procedure) and the rating/comments did not show up on the website.
So i downloaded the new powerpack from your website and did the Upgrade of powerpack using the installator (update successful) but it is showing nothing . No comments, no rating stars etc...
Please help!

EDIT :

Nevermind, i got it to work. it was due to the changes in the new imagevue that the x-y offset alignment of previous powerpack ... the comments/rating bar was out of the screen area. got it to work now. have a nice day !
Thanks.

Bored? Browse through some cool images: Amazing Pictures

justwildlife
Experienced

18 Aug 2012, 22:29

Dear Arthur

One more questions :

How do I split the footer to have different parts of text to appear at different location.

Such as © All rights Reserved to appear in Left.

Additional Some section to appear in Center and part to right.

Also how to enable Visitor Counter in Footer.
Wildlife and Nature Photographer

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

20 Aug 2012, 10:35

justwildlife wrote:How do I split the footer to have different parts of text to appear at different location.

Such as © All rights Reserved to appear in Left.

Additional Some section to appear in Center and part to right.
This is not possible.
The footer is one simple textfield. technically speaking, you can't do it nowhere in flash.
Also how about the small screens? If you stick text parts to different positions, on the small screens all footer texts may overlap together making something impossible to read.
justwildlife wrote:Also how to enable Visitor Counter in Footer.
There's no Visitor Counter in powerPack, I made it only on my own site.
Maybe, in the future, some kind a visitor counter will be implemented :wink:

justwildlife
Experienced

27 Aug 2012, 21:04

Dear Arthur

I modified the CSS file and replaced following code to make footer to align in center.

.powerpack_footer{
}

to

.powerpack_footer{
text-align: center;
}

But still the footer text is aligned left.

Can you please help me. See it at www.justwildlife.com

Regards

Rakesh

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

27 Aug 2012, 23:35

Hello.

You are using color.css stylesheet.
Please edit this Stylesheet and add this at the end of the CSS documment:
Code
.powerpack_footer{
text-align: center;
}

justwildlife
Experienced

28 Aug 2012, 00:13

Thanks for highlighting the issue and help in resolving it.

Another question.

When I click on a Gallery collection in left. Then the images thumbnails along with controls are appearing in footer part and it looks awkward then.

See part of this image where RED Box is marked.
Attachments
sample_Page_1.jpg
sample_Page_1.jpg (96.1 KiB) Viewed 4589 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Aug 2012, 05:31

justwildlife wrote:When I click on a Gallery collection in left. Then the images thumbnails along with controls are appearing in footer part and it looks awkward then.
Imagevue is a complicated machine, putting all navigation elements in a single page, on all screen sizes, without having to scroll. This requires some responsibility from the gallery setup itself, and in your case, you have 3 lines of text in your footer. From a modern-day perspective, I would ask why? Nobody is gonna read that text, it doesnt bring anything attractive into your gallery, and nobody cares. If somebody is gonna steal your images, they will do so regardless of what you write there. The only thing you re doing, is making your gallery less attractive and less functional by adding 3 lines of text that nobody will read and nobody is interested in. Its not like anyone thinks "hey, here are some images I wanna download and use in my professional project ... oh holy schmoly! after reading this text in the footer, it seems this is not allowed and I will be arrested."

You can change some settings in your gallery to move controls upwards, but this will have an affect on your entire gallery, and is not generally recommended.