Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

raftman
Topic Author

Title and Description

04 Nov 2011, 11:02

In the old html version the description that you could type to the left of the gallery in the control panel would show up. After the upgrade it is still on the control panel but doesn't appear in the html version or anywhere on the actual site. Is there a way to make this description visible again in the html version?

Thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Title and Description

05 Nov 2011, 00:57

Not quite sure what you mean ... You can add titles and descriptions from the admin, and they would appear in both the flash and html gallery unless disabled. If this is not the case, can you provide a link to your gallery where the description is not appearing?

raftman
Topic Author

05 Nov 2011, 10:27

What I'm referring to is the title and description that appear in the management module just to the left of all the individual galleries/folders. This used to appear in the HTML gallery on the main page but not in the flash version anywhere (at least that was how it was on my site!). If there is a way to disable/enable this I don't see where this is. And is it possible to enable it in the HTML version but not the flash version?

Hope this explains things better.

Thanks again.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Nov 2011, 01:06

Sorry, but I still do not know what title and description you speak of ... There are a few kinds of title and description:

1. The <title> tag and the <meta description="..."> tag that appear invisible for the visitor, but of importance to SEO. This appears in BOTH html gallery and the FLASH gallery, and is set from settings.

2. Title and descriptions for folders and files. This is is done from admin -> management, and also affects both html gallery and the flash gallery. They can be disabled in the flash gallery from the settings of course ...

I am not sure how this can be "disabled" in your html gallery.

raftman
Topic Author

06 Nov 2011, 11:20

Hm...perhaps the confusion is from the terminology I'm using so let me describe this more graphically. When I log in I am taken to the admin panel. If I am on the manage tab right below that it says 'content'. To the right are all the folders on the site and on the left there's a folder icon, then a box that says 'Title' and another that says 'Description.' It's not for any specific folder in other words but the whole site.

In my older version of imagevue (which was quite old) I had some text in these boxes and it would appear on the main page of the HTML gallery. It never appeared on the flash gallery. I would like to have it that way again. I hope I'm describing it better this time. I'm really trying to be as clear as possible.

Thanks again in advance.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Nov 2011, 22:08

Yes, well those fields are the generic title+description fields for every folder in your gallery. When you first access the "manage" section, you will be editing the "home" or "content" folder.
This field does not really have any effect in the gallery, because this folder does not really display ... Its just the folder that contains all the other folders (with titles and descriptions). In both the html and flash gallery, it will display the main title+description that you added in your SETTINGS ... for any sub folders that are displayed, it will display the title+description from the specific folder. Since this folder basically does not display, its title+description will not be used either ...

Earlier versions of Imagevue may have used the title+description from here for the home page ... Actually, I will check with Nick why it isn't so any longer.