X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Lio
Experienced
Topic Author

drag-and-drop manual sorting for images

31 Oct 2011, 12:29

Hi there,
I have only now seen that in one of my picture's folder, the sorting order is not how I wish.
I have renamed all the images with number from 01 then 09 and 10, 11,12 and so on. But in the sorting by name I have from 01 to 09 then 100 to 109 and onlu here I have the 11. And this happens in every ten.
In this specific folder I need to have the exact order because the photos are in a timeline.
There is any way to have the real name ascendent sorting?
If not, why I cannot do that manually? I'm trying to move all the " 10-11-12-13-14 ...." photos in the right position but I can do that only in my local album and not all together but only one by one " and in my remote album I cannot move any photo.
What I have to do?
Thanks in advance
Lio

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: drag-and-drop manual sorting for images

31 Oct 2011, 15:04

Thats because name sorting logically sorts like this ...

0 comes first, then comes 1 ...
Code
In the above, 100000 comes before 11 simply because it reads the characters from left to right, and find that 10* comes before 11* ...

That is why they create numerical systems based on how many images you expect to have. In your case, you have more than 100 images it seems, and therefore you should be using dual zeros in the name:
Code
In the case above, when using three chars, your images will sort correctly ...

Lio
Experienced
Topic Author

01 Nov 2011, 15:45

Thanks for the answer.
So I have to rename all. Do you know if it's possible to give a same Title for group of photos all together ?
And can I move groups of photos together? I tried but it seems to be impossible to select 20 photos and moving in a different position in the same folder.
And can I set a different parameters in a folder : ie in one folder I don't want to see the file name but only the title and description. But only in some folders.

Thanks in advance
Lio

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Nov 2011, 12:18

I am not quite sure, but do you mean drag and drop multiple files at once? Sorry, this is a web interface so not as advanced as some desktop file manager. Neither am I sure what you mean "same title for group of photos". You can give the same title to multiple photos, but there is no "batch image titler" option in Imagevue ... Probably not on your desktop either.

Yes, you can set text display options on a per-folder basis by using folder parameters:
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/folder-parameters/

For example, in the folder parameters field, add one of the following:
Code
image.text.text1.items=title
image.text.text1.items=description
image.text.text1.items=title,description
Obviously first choice shows only title, 2nd only description and 3rd shows both.

Martin
Experienced

03 Nov 2011, 03:31

mjau-mjau wrote:... but there is no "batch image titler" option in Imagevue ... Probably not on your desktop either.
With Adobe Bridge it is possible to rename images in a batch....

Lio
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Nov 2011, 09:40

Martin wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:... but there is no "batch image titler" option in Imagevue ... Probably not on your desktop either.
With Adobe Bridge it is possible to rename images in a batch....

Thanks Martin, I have more than one program to rename in batch, but I can rename the file name not the title. And I need to rename the ImageVue title to have the right order with a manual sorting.
Anyway I did a manual renaming of all that 400 photos and I think it's all now.
Thanks again.
Lio