X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

kadomkaitis
Topic Author

Listing of folders - gallery of albums

20 Sep 2011, 13:49

Hello,

First of all, great product!

I'm new to imagevue, so I may be overlooking things. I would like to have the user come to the start page, click on a photoblind image that would take them to a folder page that would have many subfolders within it (something like a top level gallery). On that page the user would see thumbnails of all the folders available to them. From there they can click that folder to get a thumbnail listing of subfolders, or that click would lead them to the picture gallery, depends on the folder and how deep it goes.

Is this possible and if so, how to accomplish this?

I'm trying to get this to work with the flash gallery. It looks like you can do something close to what I want in the html gallery.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

Re: Listing of folders - gallery of albums

20 Sep 2011, 15:03

Yes, it's possible.
This may help you: viewtopic.php?p=24729#p24729 :wink:

Martin
Experienced

21 Sep 2011, 06:55

Artur wrote:Yes, it's possible.
This may help you: viewtopic.php?p=24729#p24729 :wink:
You're doing a great job, Artur :) :D

EDIT: the next link is helpful too, because I explain it step by step with images...
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... 291#p27291

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

22 Sep 2011, 15:55

Martin wrote: You're doing a great job, Artur :) :D
Just helping little bit :wink:

You are doing greater job here, Martin - nice and usefull tutorial :)

ruslicus

23 Sep 2011, 16:23

Anyone guys set up the back button from the gallery? say when you click the thumb to go into gallery and returning back to list of galleries?! any help?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Sep 2011, 05:30

ruslicus wrote:Anyone guys set up the back button from the gallery? say when you click the thumb to go into gallery and returning back to list of galleries?! any help?
Back to list of galleries? Sounds to me like you want a "home" button ... You can easily add a home button to your main menu. Simply navigate to your "start" folder in the admin, and click "unhide" this folder on the top right ... Thereafter, you could give a new title "home" to this folder, and also drag it to the location you want in the menu ...

Martin
Experienced

24 Sep 2011, 10:00

mjau-mjau wrote:
ruslicus wrote:Anyone guys set up the back button from the gallery?
You can easily add a home button to your main menu.
Yes, the menu is the way to get back to gallery-thumbnails. Take a look at my site, there is a 'Home' folder called Site Menu in which there are only some gallery-thumbnails.... it acts as the main-branche. Every sub-branche has its own main-gallery in which there are only gallery-thumbnails... so, when this menu-item is clicked one returns to the start of that specific sub-branche...

One has to see it to understand it... I think...