Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

ermethic
Topic Author

startpage

10 Sep 2010, 13:09

How can imagevue be set up that the startpage contains thumbnails of each folder contained in the gallery, and when you click the thumbnail it should go to the respective folder ?
I tried using a "start" folder, where i put thumbnails of each of the other folders, but i don't know how to link them when someone clicks on a thumbnail.

thank you very much in advance

SofTones
Experienced

12 Sep 2010, 01:13

I think you may have to use each folder as "Use as link" then link to the url of where you want it to go.... but "link" has it's own thumbnail !!!!!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: startpage

13 Sep 2010, 08:31

ermethic wrote:How can imagevue be set up that the startpage contains thumbnails of each folder contained in the gallery, and when you click the thumbnail it should go to the respective folder ?
I tried using a "start" folder, where i put thumbnails of each of the other folders, but i don't know how to link them when someone clicks on a thumbnail.
Unfortunately, Imagevue can not display folders this way, by adding them to the thumbnails layout as you are asking. We were thinking of adding something like this in a future release.

There is however a way to workaround this, although it is very time-consuming:

A) Make a startfolder which contains images that represent the separate galleries.

B) Enable LINK for images, and for each of the images in your startfolder, add the link to separate folders manually (from the admin).

Obviously this is not an automatic procedure ...

spl1
Experienced

05 Dec 2011, 14:45

Hi Karl..

Is there in the actual version a shorter possibility?

regards

Martin
Experienced

05 Dec 2011, 14:59

spl1 wrote:Is there in the actual version a shorter possibility?
In the current version there is NO shorter way to do this...
Here you can find my short tutorial to set this up:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... 291#p27291

Click on my logo below to see an example on my site....
(click on 'Site Menu' or on an image of the slideshow)