Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

reina
Topic Author

embed youtube videos in gallery?

13 May 2010, 10:31

Hello,

I need to show through the gallery pictures AND video.
flv is no good for big video files, so I was thinking about "calling" the videos from youtube, and "mask" them somehow, to look as if they belong to the gallery.

I thought of pages with nothing but video (and matching background). I can link them to the menu, but after that you leave the site, you no longer have the menu etc which is not good.

I tried the "text page" type but I can't post the <object> code from youtube there.

Do you have any suggestions? :(

Thank u in advance...

reina
Topic Author

14 May 2010, 08:49

Does the "text page" type support any kind of script, code, whatever that would open a popup window?

Thanks again...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 May 2010, 03:02

reina wrote:Does the "text page" type support any kind of script, code, whatever that would open a popup window?

Thanks again...
You can embed FLV video into imagevue, but unfortunately not directly from youtube ... This may have to be a feature request for the future as it may be possible.

As for the flash textpage, this has minimal support for anything but basic text formatting, but you should be able to open a popup window. You should be able to use something like this:
Code
<a href="javascript:NewWindow=window.open('ShowPopup.php','newWin','width=400,height=300,left=0,top=0,
toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=No,status=No,resizable=No,fullscreen=No');  NewWindow.focus();
void(0);">text here</a>

dirceulima

Re: embed youtube videos in gallery?

29 Nov 2011, 16:20

Hi

Tell to us when this new feauture will be available

Thanks

martino

19 Mar 2012, 17:49

Hello mjau-maju,

Is it possible to embed a YouTube video or FLV to replace the gallery homepage static image?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Martin

ps. I'm running -Imagevue X2.7.5.2

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Mar 2012, 04:00

martino wrote:Is it possible to embed a YouTube video or FLV to replace the gallery homepage static image?
To achieve this, simply add a single FLV video to your start folder and use it as plain gallery. Imagevue will see that there is only a single file in this folder, and open it directly (bypassing thumbnails), and thereby displaying the video directly. Imagevue does not currently support FLV, but we hope to feature this in 2.8.

martino

20 Mar 2012, 17:36

mjau-mjau wrote:
martino wrote:Is it possible to embed a YouTube video or FLV to replace the gallery homepage static image?
To achieve this, simply add a single FLV video to your start folder and use it as plain gallery. Imagevue will see that there is only a single file in this folder, and open it directly (bypassing thumbnails), and thereby displaying the video directly. Imagevue does not currently support FLV, but we hope to feature this in 2.8.
That worked, thank you!