Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

raftman
Topic Author

Link to external site through main menu

22 Apr 2010, 13:30

Hi,

What I want to do is have is have a blog as a subdirectory of the site but host the blog somewhere else. Can I simply create a folder called say x_blog (to control where it appears in the menu) and create a re-direct on my server using that url which forwards to the external site/blog? Or do I have to create some sort of filemod when I make the new folder? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks in advance for any help!

markam24
Experienced

22 Apr 2010, 23:55

I did the same. Installed the blog in the sub directory and converted a folder to a link.

From within each folder (in admin) you'll find the "Use As" Drop down options are "Folder", "Text Page", "Link", and "FileMod".

Choose Link, plug in your Title and URL in the relevant fields. Your link will then show in the main menu.

raftman
Topic Author

23 Apr 2010, 09:14

Interesting...it sounds like you installed the blog directly on your own server. Which software did you use? Or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks for the assistance.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Link to external site through main menu

01 May 2010, 03:48

raftman wrote:What I want to do is have is have a blog as a subdirectory of the site but host the blog somewhere else. Can I simply create a folder called say x_blog (to control where it appears in the menu) and create a re-direct on my server using that url which forwards to the external site/blog? Or do I have to create some sort of filemod when I make the new folder? If so, how would I do that?
Trying to understand you correctly, I dont really see what this has got to do with Imagevue. You can create a blog as a subdirectory of your site ... but host the blog somewhere else? Sure, you could put in a redirect easily so that yoursite.com/blog would redirect to you.blogspot.com for example .... but the URL would change, so it wont look like its on your server anymore, so I dont see any point of setting up the folder on your server in the first place.

From Imagevue, you can naturally link to your blog from the main menu, no matter if it is on your server or an external server ...

raftman
Topic Author

01 May 2010, 17:06

Of course you're entirely correct. What I ended up doing was installing a blog in a subdirectory and linking to it through the gallery. Works like a charm.

Thanks for responding!