Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Feb 2009, 05:37

theres something weird going on in your gallery. This is not the same issue we tracked earlier, which was fixed.

This issue has something to do with your slideshow running in AUTOPLAY mode it seems. If you stop the gallery first, there doesn't seem to be any problems. Of course nevertheless a bug ... Can you confirm this?

stan
Topic Author

11 Feb 2009, 05:58

This issue has something to do with your slideshow running in AUTOPLAY mode it seems. If you stop the gallery first, there doesn't seem to be any problems. Of course nevertheless a bug ... Can you confirm this?
No, it is still there even when autoplay is off. It has nothing to do with the autoplay:

The lock up occurs everytime, when you click (another) thumb in the scroller, DURING the FADE IN of the previous image.

When the autoplay is on, the chance you hit a button during a fade in is of course bigger. That's why it seems it is causing the bug...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Feb 2009, 06:35

I tried this on our demo gallery, in static mode(not playing) and can't reproduce the lockup. I think if you click like crazy on a thumbnail while another one is loading or under the transition, you might get some 'white box' effect, but it never locks up ...

Of course, I can see the case is different in your gallery ...

stan
Topic Author

11 Feb 2009, 07:14

Karl, thanks for your quick response.
I tried this on our demo gallery, in static mode(not playing) and can't reproduce the lockup. I think if you click like crazy on a thumbnail while another one is loading or under the transition, you might get some 'white box' effect, but it never locks up ...
Any idea why it happens more in my case? could it be related to the amount of images in the gallery, or the settings of the thumbscroller?

For now, I have set the transition interval from 10, down to 5.
It reduces the chance of the lockup.
It's a pity it does not look as smooth now, but its better than a lock up...

Hope you can solve it in the next update!

regards,
stan

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Feb 2009, 07:39

I wouldn't mind being able to play around with your config/theme settings if possible, to locate the exact nature of the bug. I would of course reset all changes back to what they were after tinkering around. Is that possible? If so, please send PM with admin login ...

stan
Topic Author

11 Feb 2009, 08:41

sure! :)

Thanks for the effort!

I will pm you right now...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Feb 2009, 23:11

Sorry for the late reply -

I have temporarily set autoplay=false in your gallery ... When I go to the gallery standalone path, I can't seem to recreate the bug:
http://www.squidbone.com/imagevue/?star ... uctdesign/