Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

safe
Topic Author

Safe gallerie

18 Aug 2008, 08:44

Hello guys,

thank you for great job you've done with this V2 beta. Here is my actually first test with the V2 ( 14 august ) : http://www.safe.fr.cr

I appreciate specially the admin part wich is very helpfull with a lot of functionalties. The new area also is "user firendly" with many controls. The interface works very quick and mp3 inside image folder will be appreciated.

I found some weakness that i'd like to speak about :

1 / thumbnails scroller : as you can see, i made thumbnails with right aspect ratio without frame beacuse all images have one already. I try to make the same for thumbnails in thumbnails scroller wich appears with frame, even if frame_width parameter is set to 0. The only solution i found is to set negative number in frame_width parameter of thumbnails scroller. It works but thumbnails appears to get closer each others ( horizontally i mean ) > so i set a bigger value to the space parameter and it works but ..... this parameter seem to work also vertically and it's convenient for me because, thumbnails in thumbnails scroller appears in the bottom of the image and i don't want that ( even with scrollbar height set to 0 or negative number ). I prefer to keep thumbnails scroller area in the most lowest part of the screen and i cannot.

I don't know if it's normal or not but i suggested that space parameter of thumbnails scroller works only in horizontal way.

2 / panoramic images ( Ex. http://www.safe.fr.cr/#/content/Theme/Panoramique/ )
I like to make panoramic photos and i resized all my photos ( not only panoramic ones ) to 600pixel height whatever original widht, respecting aspect ratio. In image mode, panoramic photos are croped but i suggested 2 solutions : The first possibility could be to move inside photos ( in horizontal way only ? ) when mouse roll over "left" or "right" main control buttons. In this case it could be good to control the speed of mooving by a parameter. But what happened if theses controls are not visible ( choice of admin ), so the second solution could be to create image controls ( left and right , and why not, up and down for vertical panoramic photos ) for moving the image. I have any idea of the difficulties to do that.

3 / Thumnails view ( Ex. http://www.safe.fr.cr/#/content/Theme/Nuages/ )
I think i fund a bug ( maybe already known ) in thumbnails mode : if you take the exemple above, you can see i have 37 images in this section, and i set thumbnail mode to make appear 32 image each page. The first 32 image appears in the first page but i have only 1 image in the second ... there are 4 thumbnails wich never appears between each pages of each sections ....
For informations :
horizontal amount is set to 8
vertical amount is set to 4
maxamount is set to 0

4 / Exif parameters : it doesn't work but i saw that it was on raod map. For me most importants are focal and time of exposure.

5 / Unicode for lang files : it seem the problem is known and i'm not lucky beacuse french langage come with a lot of é, è, à , ' and that's a problem. I think this is on raod map already.

6 / Guestbook : i saw that it was plan on road map too.

i'm disposed to make test if you think my remarks are good. :)

Regards,

Patrice - SAFE

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Aug 2008, 13:09

wow, such a large amount of high-quality photos. I didn't have the time to look through all of them of course, but by seeing a few of them, I understand you are a professional photographer?

One thing I did notice, is that you don't seem to have set permissions for all folders. This means that thumbnail attributes are not stored correctly, and thumbnails layout will not appear correctly. Now I am not sure if this affects your first issue or not, and it might not affect your gallery at all either, because you seem to have disabled normal thumbnails view.

Also, your audioplayer doesn't seem to be working correctly, but perhaps you are working on that? If you are using the use_imagefolder setting, you should make sure you are using the latest version, because we updated that function in latest release.

#1 - I understand your issue here. I think we need to keep the frame, because it is used to decide the layout before all thumbnails have loaded. We could of course create an opacity-setting, so you can basically set the frame to invisible. We could also separate the space-setting into vertical-space and horizontal-space. I would like to keep both because they generally create the margin for the thumbnails if you are using a background. Expect a solution for this in next release!

#2 - Improvements for panoramic images has been requested before, and its something we will consider after we have finished more important issues. I think its a good idea with some horizontal scroller mode. The problem is that the program doesn't automatically know what a panorama image is. It would have to be something like: If aspect ratio>2:1, then only scale image to fit vertical margin.

#3 - Yes, this is a bug, but I think you should read my post here though:
viewtopic.php?t=3431 (post #3) where I explain why you shouldn't be using the "horizontalamount" or "verticalamount" settings. You can achieve the same without using those settings and without the bug!

#4 - Yes, this will be added shortly. You should be able to see EXIF data from the admin when you view a picture. If not, maybe the PHP EXIF module is not working on your server. I have created a separate topic for EXIF here:
viewtopic.php?t=3554

#5 - This was supposed to be fixed in a recent release. I think maybe you are not using the latest release? See it works here:
https://www.photo.gallery/soda/?language=french
... or ... It may be because you are using the "gardener" theme which is using a special embedded font that only supports basics latin characters. Try changing to the default theme and see if it works!

#6 - Guestbook is in our list ...

Thanks for your valuable feedback and congratulations on your work!

Christopher
Experienced

18 Aug 2008, 14:24

Nice site,

Congrats!

safe
Topic Author

18 Aug 2008, 14:53

mjau-mjau wrote:wow, such a large amount of high-quality photos. I didn't have the time to look through all of them of course, but by seeing a few of them, I understand you are a professional photographer?

I'm definitively not a professionnal. It's a passion ... for the moment.

One thing I did notice, is that you don't seem to have set permissions for all folders. This means that thumbnail attributes are not stored correctly, and thumbnails layout will not appear correctly. Now I am not sure if this affects your first issue or not, and it might not affect your gallery at all either, because you seem to have disabled normal thumbnails view.

I checked and i changed permissions set. Thank you Karl. It doesn't affect my first issue

Also, your audioplayer doesn't seem to be working correctly, but perhaps you are working on that? If you are using the use_imagefolder setting, you should make sure you are using the latest version, because we updated that function in latest release.

I delete for some days mp3 files from my gallery but i tested and i appreciate that function.

#1 - I understand your issue here. I think we need to keep the frame, because it is used to decide the layout before all thumbnails have loaded. We could of course create an opacity-setting, so you can basically set the frame to invisible. We could also separate the space-setting into vertical-space and horizontal-space. I would like to keep both because they generally create the margin for the thumbnails if you are using a background. Expect a solution for this in next release!

Good ideas, thank you for take in account.

#2 - Improvements for panoramic images has been requested before, and its something we will consider after we have finished more important issues. I think its a good idea with some horizontal scroller mode. The problem is that the program doesn't automatically know what a panorama image is. It would have to be something like: If aspect ratio>2:1, then only scale image to fit vertical margin.

Another option could be to set a flag for specific folder in admin interface and force users to put panoramic files inside this specific folder. When navigating inside gallery, the consequence could be to active new controls inside panoramic image and ( another important point i forget ) could modify the way you generate thumbnails. The reality is that you cannot set a format for panoramics and one for others images. But i think it's possible to force croptobox aspect of thumbnails for better looking in thumbnails mode.

#3 - Yes, this is a bug, but I think you should read my post here though:
viewtopic.php?t=3431 (post #3) where I explain why you shouldn't be using the "horizontalamount" or "verticalamount" settings. You can achieve the same without using those settings and without the bug!

I just tried and it works correctly. Thank you for tip.

#4 - Yes, this will be added shortly. You should be able to see EXIF data from the admin when you view a picture. If not, maybe the PHP EXIF module is not working on your server. I have created a separate topic for EXIF here:
viewtopic.php?t=3554

Thank you to take this point in account Karl. I answered already.

#5 - This was supposed to be fixed in a recent release. I think maybe you are not using the latest release? See it works here:
https://www.photo.gallery/soda/?language=french
... or ... It may be because you are using the "gardener" theme which is using a special embedded font that only supports basics latin characters. Try changing to the default theme and see if it works!

In fact, language works good in gallery. I notice only a minor problem in admin interface wich cannot display characters before the 1st specials characters. For exemple, "next image" is translating in "image précédente" and will be croped and displayed "écédente" in admin interface but correctly displayed in gallery. The most important for me is that's a problem for folder and image name. We cannot use _ and - characters. It make the admin interface working strange.

#6 - Guestbook is in our list ...

Good, we both agree this is not the most important ...

Thanks for your valuable feedback and congratulations on your work!

Thank you for your reactivity to answer to users notes and for your entire work since imagevue V1.

safe
Topic Author

18 Aug 2008, 14:55

Christopher wrote:Nice site,

Congrats!
Thank you, your's also nice.

safe
Topic Author

Re: Safe gallerie

26 Aug 2008, 16:28

Hello all,

i integrate the last beta version ( 25 august ) and this are my first impressions.

1 / thumbnails scroller : i must do some test soon.
2 / panoramic images : Not yet implemented, i hope soon :wink:
3 / Thumnails view : This working now for me without using parameters like Karl said above.
4 / Exif parameters : This working now, thanks Karl and programmers. I have only few problems for value format display of exif items > look on bug forum.
5 / Unicode for lang files : Still the same, not a problem for interface display, but problems for folder and file names.
6 / Guestbook : Not yet implemented, only a secondary need for me.

Patrice - SAFE

safe
Topic Author

12 Nov 2008, 15:59

Hello all,

i integrate the last beta version ( 29 october ) and this are my first impressions.

1 / thumbnails scroller : easiest to adjust and better quality of animation but area around thumbnails in thumbnails scroller cannot be set with an opacity parameter. Have one should be perfect for me.
2 / panoramic images : Not yet implemented, i really hope soon because somes of my panoramics cannot be seen entirely.
3 / Thumnails view : This working perfectly, thanks Karl.
4 / Exif parameters : This working perfectly too, thanks Karl.
5 / Unicode for lang files : This working perfectly too, thanks Karl.
6 / Guestbook : Not yet implemented, only a secondary need for me.

Patrice - SAFE