Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Zhuko
Topic Author

xml filelist

12 Aug 2008, 10:32

please, make possible to show photos from xml filelist
i mean user write xml file list of photos and tells gallery to show photos only in this list.
is it possible?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Aug 2008, 04:38

Can I ask why you request this? We were going to set a checkbox so you could "hide" images from the gallery ...

The only reason why I suspect you might need anything like this, is if you want to run your gallery without PHP or locally ...

Zhuko
Topic Author

20 Aug 2008, 17:36

no. i mean i want to show only selected photos in the current directory or set a list of photos in xml file to show.
for example
./content/
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
i need to show photos 1,3,5
and another xml file will tell imagevue to show 1,2,3 files

xml file can be generated by script from database where all photos are listed and can shown on some criteria

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

21 Aug 2008, 02:08

I think hide might be pretty pointless, when I want to hide some picture from public view I just give it .jpeg extension so it's treated as non-.jpg by file extensions filter. And I still can give link to that image to your friends.

Setting image to hidden on the other hand would add its name to folderdata.xml with hidden="true" thus doing exactly the opposite.

Ofcourse hidden files wont be liste in ?a=files output and to see which images are hidden you will have to list folderdata.xml for that folder directly. But this not really "protekshun" anyway.

So in the end of a day it might be ok for our case.
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Aug 2008, 02:38

Zhuko wrote:no. i mean i want to show only selected photos in the current directory or set a list of photos in xml file to show.
for example
./content/
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
i need to show photos 1,3,5
and another xml file will tell imagevue to show 1,2,3 files

xml file can be generated by script from database where all photos are listed and can shown on some criteria
But you are aware that if you are going to use a procedure like that, you wouldn't be able to use the main menu ... else that would require that you set a specific XML file for each folder, and then whats the use in the first place?

We could of course make it possible to trigger a specific XML file, but that would be when targeting a single folder or set of files in a folder.