Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

film915
Experienced
Topic Author

Suggestion: Apply different configs to different folders

31 Jul 2008, 16:19

Would it be possible to create a way to apply different configurations and/or themes to different image folders and/or subfolders? That way, some folders (image galleries) could show descriptions while others don't, some galleries might or might not have thumbnails, and different galleries could have different looks all together.

This might be accomplished by a "Use Theme" pulldown menu in "Folder info" of the admin.

jhamrick
Experienced

Re: Suggestion: Apply different configs to different folders

31 Jul 2008, 16:27

film915 wrote:Would it be possible to create a way to apply different configurations and/or themes to different image folders and/or subfolders? That way, some folders (image galleries) could show descriptions while others don't, some galleries might or might not have thumbnails, and different galleries could have different looks all together.

This might be accomplished by a "Use Theme" pulldown menu in "Folder info" of the admin.
I think you and I are asking for VERY similar things...
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
- josh

film915
Experienced
Topic Author

31 Jul 2008, 16:30

jhamrick wrote:
film915 wrote:Would it be possible to create a way to apply different configurations and/or themes to different image folders and/or subfolders? That way, some folders (image galleries) could show descriptions while others don't, some galleries might or might not have thumbnails, and different galleries could have different looks all together.

Indeed, VERY similar. Would be nice to create and apply different themes and configs to different folders.

jhamrick
Experienced

31 Jul 2008, 16:34

film915 wrote:
jhamrick wrote:

Indeed, VERY similar. Would be nice to create and apply different themes and configs to different folders.
Yea, I like your idea a lot! I think this would solve my problem and give me A LOT more options even! Love it!
- josh

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

31 Jul 2008, 20:55

In my opinion, your requests differ a little. Applying different configurations/themes to different folders is not really an option, as that is just way too many settings that can be handled and mostly do not relate to specific folders anyway. What we ca do of course, is enable certain folder-specific settings. For example:

thumbsmode/imagemode
slideshow autostart
showcontrols
[your suggestion here]

I think it is currently out of the question changing backgrounds, textstyles and such on a folder-per-folder basis, but it's certainly an option to add interactive toggles. I don't think this will be main focus before we have been able to proceed with official release.

jhamrick
Experienced

31 Jul 2008, 21:46

mjau-mjau wrote:In my opinion, your requests differ a little. Applying different configurations/themes to different folders is not really an option, as that is just way too many settings that can be handled and mostly do not relate to specific folders anyway. What we ca do of course, is enable certain folder-specific settings. For example:

thumbsmode/imagemode
slideshow autostart
showcontrols
enable/disable thumbnail slider =)
Which controls to show?

I think it is currently out of the question changing backgrounds, textstyles and such on a folder-per-folder basis, but it's certainly an option to add interactive toggles. I don't think this will be main focus before we have been able to proceed with official release.
Yup, I like what you are thinking there... that's the main stuff i want anyway... slide show, controls and thumbnail slider options and whether or not to start on the image or in thumbnail mode!
- josh

film915
Experienced
Topic Author

31 Jul 2008, 22:21

I think that would serve most of my needs, too... cheers!

winph
Experienced

01 Aug 2008, 00:33

this feature would be nice :)

nolly

01 Aug 2008, 11:23

what about an xml file in the image folder that just changes some theme parameters:
for example:
a folder with small websize images: no zoom in/zoom out button and autoresize disabled.
a folder with hires images: zoom in/zoom out buttons enabled.
a folder with images that may be dowloaded: download button enabled.

We know you have a lot to do... but it would be very nice to see in a V2.1 :D

nolly

06 Oct 2008, 19:34

sorry to be back on this topic
but Karl you asked for some suggestions :wink:

<startmode> options="thumbnails,image"
<image><scale> options="fitmargin,original,"
<slideshow><autostart> options="true,false"
<imagebuttons> <buttons> options="imageinfo,download,sendlink,zoomin,zoomout"
<audioplayer><enabled> options="true,false"
<altimage> options="true,false"

would be nice to have those options in the folderdata.xml to override the global ones from the theme.

Maybe this is to much to request at this development stage, but then what about the possibility
to load a new theme when accessing a new imagefolder ? I think this option would be even better.

nic

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

07 Oct 2008, 07:41

This will require some rethinking of admin to edit all those settings, as of now its overloaded enough,we need to revamp it first.
firedev.com