X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Morfus
Experienced
Topic Author

Cant access admin?

18 Jul 2008, 15:54

Hey,
Updated to recent version and can ´t access admin now?
Anyone els have same problem?

Morfus
Experienced
Topic Author

18 Jul 2008, 18:44

im in... :wink:

mikeatenor

Re: Cant access admin?

19 Jul 2008, 15:42

Morfus wrote:Hey,
Updated to recent version and can ´t access admin now?
Anyone els have same problem?
When you updated the files it also updated the passwords. It will default back to admin/passwd.

As far as I know, each time you update you will lose all passwords and permissions. So I would not go and create a bunch of users or specific user accounts as this will be overwritten with each update for now.

If anyone reads this and I am incorrect, please correct me, but I believe this will be the case.
Thanks,
Mike

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Cant access admin?

21 Jul 2008, 07:48

mikeatenor wrote:When you updated the files it also updated the passwords. It will default back to admin/passwd.

As far as I know, each time you update you will lose all passwords and permissions. So I would not go and create a bunch of users or specific user accounts as this will be overwritten with each update for now.

If anyone reads this and I am incorrect, please correct me, but I believe this will be the case.
That's entirely correct. However, it is not very difficult to make a backup of your passwords file. Just remember to copy it over again for every time you update. See update guide here.