Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

neutron
Topic Author

config/edit language

17 Jul 2008, 03:11

Hi,

I can create a new language, however none of the language files are editable via the Admin, the changes are not saved. I also tried this with chmod777 to the right files (which is not needed with my setup, php as cgi). However i can manually edit the language file with an editor and set the language in the themes config, this works.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Jul 2008, 05:11

Thanks for the tip, we will look into this!

rune

18 Jul 2008, 13:57

I don't know if this is related, but when I'm trying to change to Norwegian (norsk.xml) language, I get this warning/error:

Warning: fopen(/var/www/bilder2/imagevue/themes/default/themeConfig.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/bilder2/imagevue/include/ivXmlStream.class.php on line 55

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/bilder2/imagevue/include/ivXmlStream.class.php:55) in /var/www/bilder2/imagevue/include/ivControllerFront.class.php on line 74

Rune

film915
Experienced

18 Jul 2008, 14:37

Having the same problem... sorry for the duplicate thread, which I deleted and posted below.
film915 wrote:
miker99 wrote:
film915 wrote: So I found the "edit english language" menu, but it won't let me edit anything. Every time I click "save" it reverts back to the default wording. Maybe a bug?

While I'm typing, I'll ask something else here: I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the color of the text (descriptions) under the photos.
If your changes aren't updating it may be a permissions problem, need to be 777
Double-checked permissions for "lang" folder and "english.xml" file and both are set correctly to 777 with same problem.

neutron
Topic Author

Create/Edit language partly fixed...

21 Jul 2008, 07:50

Hi,

I can now edit the language file from within the admin and save it, also the file gets written in UTF-8. For some reason, only the translation for "Gallery Menu" doesn't show up correct in the Frontend then.

As example for german, i translate "Gallery Menu" to "Galerie Menà¼". But only "Galerie Men" is shown in the frontend. All other words seem to work normally and are displayed correct.

Side Note: if you create a language file with the admin and use capital letters, in my example "German", the file is created as "German.xml" not as "german.xml" so upper/lowcase MATTERS. If you type this wrong in one of the theme config's for example the gallery stops working. Maybe you guys should stay with lowercase only, to prevent beginners making that failure :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Create/Edit language partly fixed...

21 Jul 2008, 13:01

neutron wrote:As example for german, i translate "Gallery Menu" to "Galerie Menà¼". But only "Galerie Men" is shown in the frontend. All other words seem to work normally and are displayed correct.
Thanks for the feedback - What theme are you using? Keep in mind that the bluedragon theme will not work for special characters unless you change the CSS file, because it is using an embedded font.