Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Jockel
Topic Author

sell photos

11 Oct 2006, 16:01

i think the possibility to sell photos would be nice. And to ad a secret library, where the customer can select photos for buying/ordering.

tintin

Re: sell photos

11 Oct 2006, 18:24

i think the possibility to sell photos would be nice. And to ad a secret library, where the customer can select photos for buying/ordering.
that is along the lines of my wishlist in an earlier post
My wishes for future updates would be...

Intergration with paypal - thereby allowing for 'Add to Cart' options and a check out...maybe passing the variables via the text area in the admin section.
I notice in the source that there is a cart icon...was this ever a consideration?

Thanks
Jools

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Oct 2006, 01:16

I can assure you that there will be some kind of e-commerce integration coming next year, most likely with paypal(or generic), and including some basic cart.
...maybe passing the variables via the text area in the admin section.
There is allready the possibility to add basic paypal functionality by using the imageclicklink parameter. By setting it to value "link", you can add paypal purchase links directly for the image in the admin. by clicking an image in the gallery it will then goto the payment URL.
Code
imageclicklink = link
I notice in the source that there is a cart icon...was this ever a consideration?
Yes it was... but I will have to ask you to fully disregard any preconceptions.

MikeR
Experienced

14 Oct 2006, 12:16

Hi,

Can you tell us more !

How to add a linkdata (url) ?

THANKS

MikeR
Experienced

14 Oct 2006, 13:15

Ok, it works !

I put the link in description of the pics via the admin but with this method, we can't use description for others thinks than the link . :( :(

peace
Experienced

16 Dec 2006, 11:03

MikeR wrote:Ok, it works !

I put the link in description of the pics via the admin but with this method, we can't use description for others thinks than the link . :( :(
I cant get this to work.

What other setting are you using to make this happen other than only in the admin area? I can do it in the admin area and the link goes to paypal but I dont see this in the actual gallery - the gallery shows the name of the picture - ie: dawn - but no link appears at all to click on.

Would appreciate your help or assistance.

I could allow you into the admin area to show me - since I am on a gallery that we are testing and changing this with, its not a live gallery that people see yet so I am not worried about it so if you need in we can let you in to help make a picture go to paypal from the gallery.

MikeR
Experienced

23 Jan 2007, 16:52

sorry for the late answer, finally I use another gallery to sell my pics :

check this

http://www.michelrajkovic.fr/

(my english page to sell fine art prints is not totally translated)

peace
Experienced

25 Jan 2007, 09:35

wow - I like that gallery -

why cant this gallery have a paypal incorporated like that one.

Its so convienient to have a purchasing area instead I have to now - have two sites going - one for the gallery and the other for the purchasing end.... and I must upload to both places which takes so much time out of my day and its so much waste.

I cant wait for this place to get it together and provide an avenue for us to sell through paypal - this place has a great look to its program but its so limited.

fototaker
Experienced

06 Mar 2007, 08:01

We built a solution named KDI "Basket" in english.
You can edit a purchase order of the pictures or products showed in the imagevue. We used the popup.php to get data in a database.

All the purchase processes are supported (modify your information, ordered items, orders status and so on)
Administrator can check last purchases and define all items properties and manage user accounts settings.

Please note that this version is only a french version for now. Translation coming soon...

http://www.galerie-photos.net/kdi/

peace
Experienced

06 Mar 2007, 08:52

Please let me know when the english version comes out.

milanocinzano

I have an way of selling prints

17 May 2007, 14:14

go check out www.printbutton.com

You can set up an account with them and integrate the javascript in to the pop up page of the imagevue software and enter their ordering system.

They look after all payment and fullfillment (printing and delivery). You can even set what mark ups you want...

Cool huh...

Let me know if you guys have any joy with this.

Best,

Adrian

cstevens
Experienced

23 Jun 2007, 19:16

I want a purchase system also, this would mean I dont have to use two gallery programs to run my site.

Paypal is fine with me.
CM Photography - www.cm-photos.co.uk

sourra

15 Oct 2008, 17:58

Salut! I just wonder if any of the above did result in any well functioning english solution? I am really eager to find something to integrate with my Imagevue.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Oct 2008, 04:55

There is already a "purchase" button/function in the latest release of Imagevue V2 -
www.photo.gallery/v2docs/

It is not a full cart/ecommerce solution, but it allows you to create external purchase links for every image, and display it in a button on the image.

gadgetologist
Experienced

21 May 2009, 13:20

To make this worthwhile (worthy of the fine work elsewhere on this product) and still simple the solution should allow for various sizes, matte, glass, frame, options in a matrix..add to cart.... tie it to pay pal... done.

Add this, you can easily justify an add on option cost for the commercial version.

And by the way, I did notice that this particular feature request has been one of the highest viewed of all features. What even more striking is the number of views vs replies as compared to other features. May be anecdotal, but may be worth further consideration as well.