Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

info box in images

24 Oct 2017, 15:44

I am not sure of the proper term for this item. Description seems to be the most apt but when I make changes in the menu they do not adhere. Anyway, How do I get rid of or change that descriptive info in X3. I know how to strip it in photoshop but I would rather change it in X3. [attachment=0]Capture3.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (175.77 KiB) Viewed 4445 times

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: info box in images

24 Oct 2017, 15:45

Airvuaerial.com

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

24 Oct 2017, 21:21

Advice how to remove "download" from the toolbar items. This should be a simple box tick...especially on a site that is designed for photographers.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Oct 2017, 01:32

swamphox wrote:I am not sure of the proper term for this item. Description seems to be the most apt but when I make changes in the menu they do not adhere. Anyway, How do I get rid of or change that descriptive info in X3. I know how to strip it in photoshop but I would rather change it in X3. Capture3.JPG
You mean the text that is overlaying the bottom part of the images? This is CAPTION, applied in your page -> folders settings (since the layout is displaying folders). Go to page > settings > folders, and uncheck "preview image caption":
I would like to note that you have at some point checked to ENABLE this yourself OR you have copied this page from another page that had captions enabled, which is not a good idea if you don't want to inherit all settings from the page you copied.

swamphox wrote:Advice how to remove "download" from the toolbar items. This should be a simple box tick...especially on a site that is designed for photographers.
You are right.

For now, you have to go to main panel settings > toolbar > items, and remove the element that specified the "download" button:
Make sure to also delete the comma so there are no orphan/trailing commas.