Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 9.09.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 9.09.54 PM.png (163.28 KiB) Viewed 7084 times

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: image does not exist

26 Dec 2017, 21:47

This problem is a real pain in the ass!!! The pages are fine until I click on "galleries" in the menu and no matter what I do NATURE images still come up on the page with some old page title or descriptions. I have looked everywhere to change or rid myself of this zombie default settings and can't find them to save my life WTF?

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

26 Dec 2017, 21:47

This problem is a real pain in the ass!!! The pages are fine until I click on "galleries" in the menu and no matter what I do NATURE images still come up on the page with some old page title or descriptions. I have looked everywhere to change or rid myself of this zombie default settings and can't find them to save my life WTF?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Dec 2017, 22:16

... and what is the link to this page? Would help tremendously ...

Sounds like you have enabled PRELOAD SITE perhaps and forgotten to "create site object" after you make changes. I can't say with nothing more to go on ... 

Link = Logical explanation given.

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

26 Dec 2017, 22:39

tmsfoto.com

maybe it is a chrome thing. I f-ing hate chrome...sorry for the attitude but the frustration factor if off the chart with this one. I could not get it produce the same error in safari.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Dec 2017, 23:04

I can't see the error you noted in initial post. I can see the following though:

As I noted in my first reply, you are using PRELOAD ENTIRE WEBSITE feature. This is a very powerful feature that will make your website FLY (in terms of speed). However, it requires you to ALWAYS recreate site object after every change you make. Failure to recreate site object, means the site object will contain OLD pages, which will appear when you navigate between pages in browser. It is probably a good idea to DISABLE this feature while you are developing/updating, and instead enable it (and create site object!) once the website is ready for deployment. I also recommend you to read up on the HELP for Settings > Advanced > Preload Entire Website. If you do not understand this feature and/or forget to recreate site object after making changes, it will certainly cause a great deal of frustration.
X3 Panel Help wrote:Preload Site Object

What does it do?
When this setting is enabled, your website will preload a data-object containing all pages of your website. The loading of this data-object occurs as an invisible process, after first page is loaded and displaying to the visitor. Once the site Object is loaded into the visitors browser, navigating to other pages on the website are instantaneous. This makes your website seems super-fast, and it requires less loading of individual pages.

* The Site Object only contains page text, so images and other assets will load as usual once each page displays.

Should I be using it?
Preloading the site object is a very powerful feature, but it is not beneficial in all cases. If your website has hundreds of pages, each with loads of images, it will become too heavy and counter-productive. If you have a relatively light website (say less than 40 pages), without excessive amounts of images in each folder, then you can try it.

Heavy Process
As you will likely experience, creating the site object is a very heavy process, that could take a long time to process on your server, or even time-out. The reason for this, is because the script needs to loop through- and create all pages in a single process. The time required for processing, depends entirely on the power of your server, and the depth of your content (pages and images). If you get a timeout when clicking the button, it is a clear indication that you shouldn't be using this feature. If your server manages to create the site object, it will get cached, and will load relativey fast for visitors.

Instructions
If you want to use this feature, you will need to need to enable the preload site object from your main settings. Then, each time you make changes to your gallery, you will need to click the "create" button below to refresh the site object. You don't need to create the site object after every change you make, only when you are done editing and want to "publish" the website.

* You don't need to refresh the site object if you are testing individual pages. The site object is only used when navigating between pages, and does not apply to the page you start from.

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

27 Dec 2017, 10:58

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 10.53.44 AM.png[/attachment]Thanks Karl, one other thing. I have one hell of a time getting rid of all of the caption info for each image. Please tell me where I make these changes.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 10.53.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 10.53.44 AM.png (54.97 KiB) Viewed 7066 times

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

27 Dec 2017, 11:16

On the home page I just want images but for some reason when you scroll down there are menu items with annoying info floating around the top of the image. ON the intro page I want ONLY images and menu items on top. I don't want to be able to scroll down to the same items. Please help me understand how to eliminate this.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Dec 2017, 00:52

swamphox wrote:I have one hell of a time getting rid of all of the caption info for each image. Please tell me where I make these changes.
This screenshot looks like it's from an "image landing page", which is meant only when SHARING images on social media. How did you get to this page? It would be possible only if you DISABLE the X3 popup (which I don't see any good reason to do). The image "landing page" does not have many options, because it's rarely seen by visitors, and it should contain all meta data (title, description etc) for reasons of SEO and SHARING.

So before I recommend ways to hide items on the "image landing page" with CSS hacks, I would like to know why your intentions for editing this page which your visitors will never see (unless you disabled popup entirely).
swamphox wrote:On the home page I just want images but for some reason when you scroll down there are menu items with annoying info floating around the top of the image. ON the intro page I want ONLY images and menu items on top. I don't want to be able to scroll down to the same items. Please help me understand how to eliminate this.
Go to panel > INDEX page > Folders > scroll down to "assets", and remove the "galleries" tag.

This is generally inherited by the X3 SAMPLE configuration, since you are using the same /galleries/ folder name. In the sample setup, the home page (index) is set to list albums from the "galleries" folder as a teaser for the home page.