Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

milanocinzano
Topic Author

Going straight from drop down menu click in to slideshow and

17 Sep 2007, 16:09

Hi there,

I am keen to find out if it is possible to set up the imageVue system so that when a user clicks on the drop down menu button, they go straight to the slideshow rather than to the thumbnail view then the slideshow view?

Also when the user closes the slideshow, can they go straight to the homepage view (ie. the view with out the thumbnails showing and the background image showing)?

It would be useful if the user could click on the thumbnails button in the slideshow view and beable to access the thumbnail view for that section. If the user clicks on the close button I would like the user to be directed to the homepage ( no thumbnail view).

Many Thanks,

Milano Cinzano

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Going straight from drop down menu click in to slideshow

17 Sep 2007, 22:38

milanocinzano wrote:I am keen to find out if it is possible to set up the imageVue system so that when a user clicks on the drop down menu button, they go straight to the slideshow rather than to the thumbnail view then the slideshow view?
You mean like this: https://www.photo.gallery/imagevue/?thumbstart=false
milanocinzano wrote:Also when the user closes the slideshow, can they go straight to the homepage view (ie. the view with out the thumbnails showing and the background image showing)?
I'm afraid that is not possible. If they did that, how would they ever be able to access the thumbnails at all? Sounds to me like you are looking to have a gallery without thumbnails altogether. If so, then why not simply use the slideshow module alone?
milanocinzano wrote:It would be useful if the user could click on the thumbnails button in the slideshow view and beable to access the thumbnail view for that section. If the user clicks on the close button I would like the user to be directed to the homepage ( no thumbnail view).
Not quite sure what you mean. When clicking a thumbnail in the slideshow view, it should open the image which is clicked and not go to another thumbnails view I think.