X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

steveman0018
Experienced
Topic Author

New Circle Loading Object

14 Jan 2013, 20:47

Hello,

I am having an issue with the loading spinning circle. I tried this on your demo and it seems the same. It seems to only show the spinning circle after the image has loaded. While the image is loading, it shows nothing. Then the image loads and the spinning circle shows up. The loading bar shows up when a image is loading but the circle seems to show up after an image loads.

Also just a suggestion, did you ever though of allowing the option to add a circle to the middle of the image frame so it easier for visitors to know the image is loading?

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: New Circle Loading Object

15 Jan 2013, 00:12

steveman0018 wrote:I am having an issue with the loading spinning circle. I tried this on your demo and it seems the same. It seems to only show the spinning circle after the image has loaded. While the image is loading, it shows nothing. Then the image loads and the spinning circle shows up. The loading bar shows up when a image is loading but the circle seems to show up after an image loads.
I think perhaps you have misconceived slightly. The spinning circle you see on the right of the image, is in fact the NEXT image being loaded. Also, it does in fact show the loader for the initial image also. Lets say you click from a thumbnail:
Then after any image is displayed, it will start loading NEXT image, and a loader will appear on the right:
steveman0018 wrote:Also just a suggestion, did you ever though of allowing the option to add a circle to the middle of the image frame so it easier for visitors to know the image is loading?
Well, as mentioned, the loader is already in the middle of the stage if there is no image currently displaying, which indicates the load of the current image. We don't want to add the preloader graphic for the next image above the current image ... They are supposed to be viewing the image.