Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

jwinney
Topic Author

Numerical Usernames

20 Nov 2012, 03:53

I'd like to be able to create users with numerical usernames.
I tried this on the demo version and while it added the user account , the user cannot be edited and the gallery refuses to display.
I edited the user manually, appending a letter it was happy again.

As a side note, It would be nice to have a display name as well as the username.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Numerical Usernames

20 Nov 2012, 10:43

You mean you tried to create the user with numerical numbers in trial version? I doubt you would be able to actually create and edit users in our online demo version ...

We prefer to keep the users system in Imagevue simple, because it is a simple system. Imagevue is not for creating complex user groups or user management unfortunately.

jwinney
Topic Author

20 Nov 2012, 17:29

Yes, in the trial version. I'm looking at using the gallery for a Camera Club where members can have their own galleries.
They are notoriously forgetful so the one thing they DO remember is their membership number! Many are retired.
I'm not asking for anything complex, just being able to have a number as a username without the program falling over.

Being able to store their email address and full name for use in the program would be a bonus, but I can develop that myself.

jwinney
Topic Author

20 Nov 2012, 18:15

Think I've found a way to fix my problem.

Line 76 of ivUserManager.class.php

if ($user->login === $login) (data types have to match)

changed to:
if ($user->login == $login)

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

10 Dec 2012, 00:54

Thanks for notifying us, we've patched it up.
firedev.com