X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

steveman0018
Experienced
Topic Author

Possible Bug with large amount of menu pages and buttons

26 Apr 2012, 18:26

Hello,

Take a look at mysite after reading this. StephenRogers.net... What happening is if i have the menu dropped down when viewing my pictures, it will not allow me to click the previous image button and some of the beginning images on the thumbnail slider. If i close up the menu so it back to nothing open, i can then click the button and select the beginning images in the scroller.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Possible Bug with large amount of menu pages and button

27 Apr 2012, 00:12

Well, this is an interface crash ... Basically the reason we collapse the menu by default, is so that it doesn't crash visually or interactively with the other elements. If you are going to keep it locked to the left like that, you may need to make some adjustments and increase the image-margin so the image is moved to the right, and also set more margin below the menu ... Perhaps also minimize the menu size a bit (smaller buttons). Easiest option would however be to set the menu to collapse though ...

Works fine on bigger screens btw:

steveman0018
Experienced
Topic Author

29 Apr 2012, 21:11

Hello,

Thank you for the tips, is there a way to collapse just the sub menus. Like for example i keep the main menu there but if you click on my pictures which opens the submenu, can there be a way to just collapse that after so many secs. Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 May 2012, 04:57

steveman0018 wrote:Thank you for the tips, is there a way to collapse just the sub menus. Like for example i keep the main menu there but if you click on my pictures which opens the submenu, can there be a way to just collapse that after so many secs. Thanks
Unfortunately there is no method to automatically close submenu levels after a certain time ... Why not set the menu to display at start (so that it is 100% clear to users), and then hide it after first interaction with the menu? This is available under settings for the main menu.