Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

Text disappears

02 Feb 2012, 12:46

Hi, there is a very strange thing happening. All text (title, titlepath) disappears when you view a image or in the thumbnail view.
You can see what I mean here: http://portfolio.grimur.net/#/files/Pho ... 11-020.jpg
It shows for a second and then disappears.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Text disappears

02 Feb 2012, 22:54

I have a logical explanation for this:

In your textblock (text1), you have title+description+EXIF data. The title+description is loaded beforehand, but the EXIF loads after the image loads, and then appends to the textblock. However, since the EXIF is a huge chunk of data, Imagevue calculates that your entire textblock does not have room to display with the EXIF, so it disables the textblock altogether just so it at least looks nice for the visitor.

This is why we by default have added EXIF into text2 that appears overlaying the image, simply because it doesn't really fit above the image, unless you have a relatively large screen. Does this make sense?

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Text disappears

03 Feb 2012, 02:47

mjau-mjau wrote:I have a logical explanation for this:

In your textblock (text1), you have title+description+EXIF data. The title+description is loaded beforehand, but the EXIF loads after the image loads, and then appends to the textblock. However, since the EXIF is a huge chunk of data, Imagevue calculates that your entire textblock does not have room to display with the EXIF, so it disables the textblock altogether just so it at least looks nice for the visitor.

This is why we by default have added EXIF into text2 that appears overlaying the image, simply because it doesn't really fit above the image, unless you have a relatively large screen. Does this make sense?
Thanks mjau-mjau, I forgot I was trying to see how the exif would look like :-) After un-ticking it, it works again normally.