Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

x-tremed
Topic Author

Problem with facebook sharing - title not showing

26 Jan 2012, 05:07

I've just set up a new gallery, while sharing trough facebook it shows the URL of the gallery twice

Is there any way to change the bold url lg.opdefoto.com ? Can;'t find it in the settings of imagevue how to change this

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Problem with facebook sharing - title not showing

26 Jan 2012, 08:50

Title is not showing, because you have no titles for your images ... Since the title is empty, Facebook just decides to snatch and display the domain name instead ...

x-tremed
Topic Author

26 Jan 2012, 09:39

Tnx solved it by editing the folderdata.xml in dreamweaver by search&replace title="" by my own title.
Is it a idea for a next release to build in a batch name / title editor ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Jan 2012, 23:26

x-tremed wrote:Tnx solved it by editing the folderdata.xml in dreamweaver by search&replace title="" by my own title.
Is it a idea for a next release to build in a batch name / title editor ?
So you are saying you want to set the same title for every image?

x-tremed
Topic Author

27 Jan 2012, 05:58

Yes because with some galleries i need to have the share title on facebook to be the same. Like setting a promotional line or something. Because in the gallery itself i don't use the titles of the images , so that won't be a problem

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Jan 2012, 00:08

This is a bit unusual, because title is really just an extension of filename so that you can use longer titles with complex characters. By default, when you share an Image on facebook, it uses name of image and description ... Sorry, but a batch-rename might be a bit out of spec right now, but I can tell you that we plan to provide an improved titles page: A single page where you can set all titles and descriptions from, without having to navigate between all images.

grimurnet
Experienced

28 Jan 2012, 06:17

mjau-mjau wrote:This is a bit unusual, because title is really just an extension of filename so that you can use longer titles with complex characters. By default, when you share an Image on facebook, it uses name of image and description ... Sorry, but a batch-rename might be a bit out of spec right now, but I can tell you that we plan to provide an improved titles page: A single page where you can set all titles and descriptions from, without having to navigate between all images.
Looking forward to that :-)