Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Felix J
Experienced
Topic Author

folderdata.xml won't be created for a folder... (Solved..)

18 Oct 2011, 17:51

...And after I upload a folderdata.xml file via ftp for the folder in question, it gets uploaded and 'disapears', which means it gets removed for some strange reason, so I did guess not really uploaded then... Very strange to me..

I am really confused over this..

It's regarding a folder with over 3000 images. (Picasso folder)

Please, someone help me...

Thanks.
Last edited by Felix J on 19 Oct 2011, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
ArtGallerix - Painting Gallery!
Felix Jacobson Photo - Personal Gallery!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: folderdata.xml won't be created for a folder... bug?!?!

19 Oct 2011, 02:42

What do you mean it "disappears"? It is natural that Imagevue would edit it, but remove it? What is the link to your gallery and the exact folder in mention? All folders have folderdata.xml, or they would not work ...

Felix J
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Oct 2011, 03:37

Here -

http://artgallerix.com/#/content/Cubism ... 20Picasso/

I have been looking through the files in the above folder via ftp, but haven't found a folderdata.xml file.

When I am 'opening' the folder in question at the site (artgallerix.com) to start browsing the folder, then the folder doesn't seems to work properly. Sometimes the thumbnails doesn't load at all and sometimes they do. I also get plenty of error messages for the folder in question.

Ohh.. one more thing that I didn't thought of before..

While browsing the imagevue site I can read that the folder in question has 3098 files (and two folders), when then checking in ftp, the folder has 1996 files (and two folders)... Huh? Maybe I was wrong in that the folder actually has over 3000 files (images) then..

Screenshot of the folder that has 1996 files etc.. - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/54 ... lerix.png/

I forgot to mention that the folder does have atleast one '.bmp' image and I think one or more '.gif' file(s) aswell.. Could that be causing these problems?

Info when uploading a folderdata.xml to the folder in question - http://imageshack.us/f/11/ftpartgallerix2.png/

While the uploading proccess is ongoing the ftp client tells me there is 1997 files in the picasso folder, however at the end of the proccess that number gets changed down to 1996. It doesn't ask me to overwrite any file (in which it does if there is a file already in the folder with same name) or any other thing. No error messages 'pops up' aswell.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

19 Oct 2011, 09:47

Felix J wrote:I have been looking through the files in the above folder via ftp, but haven't found a folderdata.xml file.
The file exist, but I can see that xml contain many bad-formated nodes.
For example 1/3 your folderdata.xml file looks like should looks:
Code
<file name="picasso_ (7).jpg" title="" description="" order="2746"/>
<file name="4DPictcdvf.jpg" title="" description="" order="2747"/>
<file name="4DPictvvv.jpg" title="" description="" order="2748"/>
<file name="Picasso Vue sur le monument de Colomb. 1917. 40.1 x 32 cm. O.jpg" title="" description="" order="2749"/>
But the rest of the xml (2/3) looks like that:
Code
<file name="4DPicttutyt.jpg"/>
<file name="4DPict111.jpg"/>
<file name="Pablo Ruiz Picasso (402).jpg"/>
I don't realy know if calling pictures like "Picasso Les deux fres. Spring 1906. 80.3 x 60.2 cm. Gouach.jpg" is good idea. I would consider delete spaces, dots and all non-utf8 characters, because you get errors like this:
* File content/Cubism/Pablo Picasso/Picasso Les deux fres. Spring 1906. 80.3 x 60.2 cm. Gouach.jpg has non-utf8 char in it's name and was skipped

Felix J
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Oct 2011, 13:36

Maybe a dumb question, but how/where did you find the folderdata.xml file for the Picasso folder?? I have been looking really much after it, but haven't found it..

Also, I haven't named any of the image files, ..well maybe just a very few that had very strange names long time ago, don't remember which. I don't do that anymore though, no matter what the names is. I have uploaded like 99.9% of them as they were in belief it wouldn't be problem how they was named..

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

19 Oct 2011, 15:12

Felix J wrote:Maybe a dumb question, but how/where did you find the folderdata.xml file for the Picasso folder??
Here you go -> CLICK :wink:

Felix J
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Oct 2011, 17:29

Lol, never thought of to check it that way.. :shock: Allright, thanks.

Well, it seems like my ftp client for some reason won't list it among with other images..

My ftp tells me I have 1996 files in that folder, but from the folderdata.xml I can see that there is around 3000 images. (Site tells me 3098 images)

Artur do you know why is that? Or anyone?

I am using FileZilla

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: folderdata.xml won't be created for a folder... (Solved.

19 Oct 2011, 22:26

I am not sure, but obviously your folderdata has some content from earlier ... As long as it does not affect the gallery, it does not matter I think. Obviously if there are errors because of letters/characters, then this needs to be fixed, but I think that is a topic discussed in another thread currently.