Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

btos
Experienced
Topic Author

PHISHING

01 Sep 2011, 08:28

I have an early version of the Imagevue module and every single site that I had placed the module on has been hacked. The hack on the sites usually involved some kind of code that just killed the whole display of images. However, the latest hack has been a phishing attack for a bank! In this attack the images remained intact. Three weeks ago GoDaddy alerted me of my PHISHING site's hosting this malicious shit. I had found that the admin folder had the php code inserted that hosted the code from one of my long term friend's website, which I had designed. I removed the entire admin folder and again this week I've had another attack inside the gallery folder! The Imagevue module has been problematic to say the least. I don't know how these hackers found the modules on my websites but the FBI could get involved. I HAD been thinking of upgrading to a new version or taking time to revive the old modules. However, I am suspicious of the hackers knowledge of the whereabouts of my site locations. I will not post any more locations on this forum. I will report any further hacks. I hate having to spend time on this. I'll probably abandon any further use of these modules.

Martin
Experienced

Re: PHISHING

01 Sep 2011, 13:11

btos wrote:I have an early version of the Imagevue module and every single site that I had placed the module on has been hacked..
Some time ago my site was hacked also on regular bases... some of the .php files had some spam-code added...
These days I change my ftp-password every once in a while and the hacking problems stay away....
Just an idea...

Crash
Experienced

01 Sep 2011, 19:02

So, presumably, this was an old version of imagevue?
Why not just keep them updated. Every online gallery/cms gets hacked from time to time.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

02 Sep 2011, 11:15

There was a hole in Imagevue V1, like 5 or 6 years ago. Did you download the latest version from our site?
You got to update your installation, I would recommend to upload everything anew except the images.

Even better is to use Imagevue X2.
firedev.com

Martin
Experienced

02 Sep 2011, 11:20

Crash wrote:So, presumably, this was an old version of imagevue?
Nope, it had nothing to do with Imagevue... as I said, I change my password now on a regular bases.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Sep 2011, 03:49

btos: Not sure what version you have been using, but there was an issue in Imagevue I think in 2006 ... Yes, it was a very bad mistake, which we eventually covered. We patched this in Version 1 5-6 years ago, and now we have already been on X2 for more than 3 years ...

btos
Experienced
Topic Author

07 Sep 2011, 11:12

So X2 is alright then? I'd considered an upgrade but...

I'm currently looking for something that displays images, similar your module - for tablets. I-pads have abandoned Flash as an interface. I think that was a mistake but the popularity of that tablet has become too big to ignore. .I really like your program...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Sep 2011, 01:15

Imagevue still works on iPad, but uses an optional HTML interface ...

For a future release, we are working on much-improved html interfaces for tablets and smartphones ... for general display on any non-flash device.