X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Crash
Experienced
Topic Author

Long descriptions disappear

06 Aug 2011, 15:16

Hi guys,
I wondered if you could take a quick look into how long descriptions disappear if there isn't enough space to show them around the image.
Basically the entire Text1 panel doesn't show (ie the title and description).
I seem to remember that it showed some nice little arrows to scroll the description if there wasn't space to show all of it at once.
Could we get this back in future versions.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Long descriptions disappear

07 Aug 2011, 08:13

This is true, although I wouldn't rate the former scrolling as very elegant or functional ... Besides, this was in Imagevue V1 where the image was locked within a set size. The size available for text is a factor based on 1. Your choice of alignment of the text, 2. The amount of text, 3. Font an size of text, 4. Visitors screen size, 5. Margins in settings.

You can always improve and almost be sure of displaying text if you make fonts smaller and/or increase the margins, and/or change the alignment location. Do you have a link so I can take a look where your text is not appearing on smaller screens?

Crash
Experienced
Topic Author

09 Aug 2011, 17:15

Sure, I remember in recent versions of X2 you had two nice little arrows to scroll up and down in a description box where the content overflowed. I remember that because I was surprised when I found it.

I think I basically fixed it by making it display at the side of the image. I just liked having it on Auto position. Sometimes it would make a good call and put your description on-top and the little arrows weren't there. You just got no description.

So, it's all good the way it's set up - it'd just be nice to have that feature back just in case.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Aug 2011, 00:51

I still believe we have an "auto" setting which decides if it is best to place the text-block either above or on the right of the image, depending on the aspect. Of course, this would not necessarily solve the issue anyway since text placed naturally above a portrait style image could still have insufficient space ...

Thanks for the suggestion/request though!