Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Martin
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Share button in HTML

20 Jun 2011, 23:47

yb.ybema wrote:I would like to know how I can easily update Imagevue and mainly the HTML version as I have an edited HTML version which doesn't look like the original anymore.
Hi Yb,

What I always do with the .phtml files I changed myself is to keep record of the original one and compare this one with the one of the new version.
These two I compare and look for changes. If the change is small I update my edited file, otherwise I have to change the new one with my adaptations....

That's probably the price to pay for making adaptations oneself...

Martin
Experienced
Topic Author

21 Jun 2011, 01:21

yb.ybema wrote:But this is what I mean.. If it is a small change how do I know in which file to look for the change?
I always backup the current installation... then upgrade completely (the /iv-admin/ and /iv-includes/) and only check the files I changed and make the necessary adaptations in the new installed folders.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

22 Jun 2011, 08:35

Just upload iv-admin and iv-includes. That should solve everything.
firedev.com

Martin
Experienced
Topic Author

22 Jun 2011, 09:05

Nick wrote:Just upload iv-admin and iv-includes. That should solve everything.
Well, it would not for him, because he made a lot of adjustments to files like layout.phtml....

Martin
Experienced
Topic Author

22 Jun 2011, 23:53

yb.ybema wrote:Can someone tell me which files will fix the Share function in HTML?
Hi Yb,

Considering the place where the share function appears in the html-version, I suppose that only the file layout.phtml has changed. So, I compared version 2.7.2 with 2.7.3 of this file and indeed there are changes between those two versions that are related to addThis.

Here is a txt file with the results of the comparing:
http://www.martinbroeze.nl/temp/compare.txt

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

28 Jun 2011, 00:34

A version control tool like git or svn could help you to apply updates if you're edited the files. This way you can just copy new stuff over and then see the changes in files and correct where needed. In the best case scenario it could help you merge your custom gallery with the new release automatically. But there is a quite steep learning curve unfortunately.
firedev.com