X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

AlainM_B
Topic Author

[Ended] [Thumbnail] ratio probleme on Thumbs Editor

29 May 2011, 06:18

(english version at the end)

Bonjour,

J'allais créer le sujet pour la version 2.6 puis j'ai attendu la sortie de la version 2.7 en me disant que ceci serait corrigé.
Hélas non.

Voici le problème:

Par défaut, l'ancien ratio pour les miniatures était de 1:1.
Dans la version 2.7 il est de 140:105
Je décide donc de recréer mes miniatures mais avec un ratio inverse : 105:140.
Hors, comme vous le savez, les miniatures ne correspondent par toujours avec le cadrage de la photo.
D'où la très grande utilité d'avoir pensé à inclure un éditeur de miniature.

MAIS

Quand on édite une miniature, le script ne tient pas compte du ration que NOUS avons imposé mais bien du ration d'origine.

De ce fait, j'ai toutes mes miniatures au format portrait comme demandé (105:140) SAUF celles que j'ai décidé de recadrer dans l’éditeur de miniature qui redeviennent au format "paysage" avec le ratio de base (140:105).

Ceci a pour effet d'être très très moche dans la grille de visualisation des miniatures.

Est-ce un bug ?
Y a-t-il une astuce pour le corriger ?

Car sinon, l’éditeur ne sert alors qu'à recadrer les miniatures UNIQUEMENT si on ne touche absolument pas au ratio d'origine. Auquel cas, il devient inutile de permettre de le modifier à moins d'accepter que les miniatures ne représentent rien de la photo à afficher.

D'avance merci pour vos réponses.

Bon dimanche.

Alain

Hello,

I was going to create the subject for the release 2.6 then I wait for the new release 2.7 by saying to me that this would be corrected.
Unfortunately no.

Here is the problem:

By default, the former ratio for thumbnails was of 1:1.
In the version 2.7 it is of 140:105
I thus decide to recreate all thumbs but with an inverse ratio: 105:140.
Except, as you know it, thumbs correspond by still with the centring of the photo.
Where from the very big utility to have thought of including an editor of thumbs.

BUT

When we edit a thumbs, the script does not take into account of ration that WE imposed but good of ration of origin.

Therefore, I have all my miniatures in the size "portrait" as asked (105:140) EXCEPT those whom I decided to refocus in the editor of miniature which become again in the original size "landscape" with the basic ratio (140:105).

This has the effect of being very very ugly in the railing of display of miniatures.

Is it a bug?
Is there any solution to correct it?

Because otherwise, the editor serves while to refocus thumbs ONLY if we do not absolutely touch the ratio of origin. In which case, it becomes useless to allow to modify it unless accepting that thumbs represent nothing of the photo to be shown.

Beforehand thank you for your answers.

Good Sunday.

Alain

(sorry for my English, I use Reverso Traductor)
Last edited by AlainM_B on 29 May 2011, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: [Thumbnail] ratio probleme on Thumbs Editor

29 May 2011, 07:32

Hi, these are good questions, but there is one thing you need to be aware of. You are using the setting CROPTOBOX ... This setting makes sure all thumbnails are set to the SAME size, and it crops the image slightly to achieve this. This looks good in terms of LAYOUT for the gallery, but sometimes portrait- or landscape images will be cut of too much. This is a decision you need to make.

The OPTION, is to go to admin -> thumbs, and choose "resizetobox" instead of "croptobox". With this option, all your aspects (both portrait- and landscape) are kept in tact. This gives the correct aspect for all your images, but does not look very fluid in the Imagevue layout.

This is documented extensively here, with examples:
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/create-thumbnails/

There is no bug with Imagevue - If you NEED to have different aspects on your thumbnails, then you need to use the RESIZETOBOX setting. We use CROPTOBOX as default, because we believe thumbnails in most cases just function as a visual cue for the visitor, and it looks more symmetric when they are at the same size. You can also change the default option to 100x100 if you like, but we increased the value to 140x105 in last release, because we prefer larger thumbnails now.

AlainM_B
Topic Author

Re: [Thumbnail] ratio probleme on Thumbs Editor

29 May 2011, 17:53

Ok many thanks :wink: