Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Menu item not active

16 May 2011, 02:33

grimurnet wrote:Now the only thing left is to auto expand the menu to the current menu item. Is there any info on the timeframe of this feature?
Sorry, this will have to wait for Imagevue X2.8 as now we are trying to wrap up release X2.7 and this feature is a bit complicated.

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

16 May 2011, 06:37

OK, no problem :-)

Martin
Experienced

16 May 2011, 12:22

mjau-mjau wrote:I have now fixed so that the current menu item is active(state) when gallery is accessed through a direct link
I don't probably understand the issue that is discussed in this topic, because I do not see any difference in the result of this:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/#/content/ ... kandwhite/
compared to this
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/#content/m ... kandwhite/
In both cases the menu is on autohide and when moving the mouse to show the menu, the menu is not active on the menuitem of the selected folder.

And it is even so that the second one is changed into the first one...
(/#content/... to /#/content/...)

What am I missing?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 May 2011, 01:09

mabro wrote:What am I missing?
This topic was originally about the ACTIVE state of a menu item not being activated when accessing the gallery with "#/content...", but worked when accessing it with "#content...". The "active state" is simply a darker color (depending on theme) around the currently visited menu item. It does not have anything to do with automatically expanding the menu, which as mentioned is an issue we may be looking into ...

The reason you see no difference between "#content/..." and "#/content/..." now is because you are not supposed to! Before, the "active state" was not set when using one of the access methods.

Martin
Experienced

17 May 2011, 01:45

mjau-mjau wrote:...It does not have anything to do with automatically expanding the menu...
That was indeed my misunderstanding.
Thanks for the info and also for trying to implement this automatically expanding.

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

17 May 2011, 07:34

The bug still remains, still need to hover over menu to change menuitem active. When clicking on the internal link in textpages.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 May 2011, 02:09

grimurnet wrote:The bug still remains, still need to hover over menu to change menuitem active. When clicking on the internal link in textpages.
I guess you are right about that specific scenario - I will take a look at it in time. The reason why this is slightly different, is because the ACTIVE_state of an item get triggered in two events: 1) When clicking an item, and 2) When the menu is created on gallery load. Unfortunately, the event you mention does not trigger any of these events, so it is slightly different.

The original issue for this post about direct links, is fixed.
grimurnet wrote:There is a bug in the linking system. Imagevue uses this link: https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/#/content/Fancy/ But if you want to send someone this link, the menu item is not active. But if you change the link a littlebit, like this: https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/#content/Fancy/ then the menu item is active. Why is this, is it possible to fix this?

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Jun 2011, 06:10

Any news on this, because still one has to hover over the menu to change the active_state and also it would be nice to have the menu expand automatically to the active_state menu item. Will this be available in next release?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Jun 2011, 11:56

grimurnet wrote:Any news on this, because still one has to hover over the menu to change the active_state and also it would be nice to have the menu expand automatically to the active_state menu item. Will this be available in next release?
No "news" of this yet, no ... but it is in our list and may be included for next release. After a release, we have bugs, documentations, implementations, support, as well as 100s of new feature requests.