Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

localhost
Experienced

Re: start folder on admin/manage

04 Jun 2012, 06:03

Nick wrote:If resize on upload wasn't working it is fixed in the latest v28 beta at least.
Nick, i'm currently using 2.8B 2nd to the last release...
mjau-mjau wrote: If I am going to look further into this, I will need login to your admin.
Karl, i'm pretty sure it's not how I upload it.... I have tried diffrent way of doing it to no avail. The resize feature when uploading is not so big deal but it's there so why not use it right? That's why I'm reporting it. :)

Do me a favour please... Try loading my start page once again. When the image is loaded put one of your finger or pen on the either side of the image in your screen... Without lifting or moving your pen/finger try to open another image in another folder and you will see that the image will expand to 900px which is the right size i want for the start folder.

I will PM you my username and password. just letting you know that this is a live site. I haven't backup my content folder just yet.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Jun 2012, 06:47

localhost wrote:Do me a favour please... Try loading my start page once again. When the image is loaded put one of your finger or pen on the either side of the image in your screen... Without lifting or moving your pen/finger try to open another image in another folder and you will see that the image will expand to 900px which is the right size i want for the start folder.
I have done this, and everything is 100% correct. You currently have two images in your start folder at 900px and two images at 800px. The 800px images are displaying at 800px and the 900px images are displaying at 900px. Here are snapshots: (click an image to view in full size, and download if necessary, and you can measure to pixel perfection the size)

900px pic 1:

900 px pic 2:

800 px pic 1:

800 px pic 2:

This is 100% consistent with the data for the 4 images. 2x pics 800px and 2x pics 900px:
http://larryanda.com/photosets/imagevue ... path=start

You can even take the snapshots above into photoshop. They are 100% certified 800px and 900px. This I can also guarantee because Imagevue always displays images from a filemod at the size they are uploaded at, and there is no exception.

I can confirm that there is an issue with the uploader-resizer on your site, but please let us be clear that Imagevue is displaying the images at the size they exist on your server! If they are not, then you are experiencing some issue with cache.

localhost
Experienced

04 Jun 2012, 10:27

mjau-mjau wrote: I have done this, and everything is 100% correct.
Karl, I am so embarrassed right now.... I didn't realize that you can see the actual size when you click on the image from the admin panel :oops:

You are very much correct... they are indeed 800px. For how it become 800px I don't know.... but one thing is certain, it is now working according to what I really want. I deleted the two images and export a new one from lightroom.

Thank you, Thank you!

Can you confirm that the upload resize issue is a system wide and not just my installation? Thanks
Nick mentioned above that there might have been an issue with the resizer in the uploader, which would explain why it did NOT resize your latest batch upload ... although this is a separate issue.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Jun 2012, 06:06

localhost wrote:Can you confirm that the upload resize issue is a system wide and not just my installation? Thanks
I can confirm that the resizer was not working with your uploader. I spoke to Nick, and this seems to have been a temporary bug in one of the beta releases that you like have. However, unless you are dying to use the resizer, I would perhaps wait for the final release of Imagevue X2.8 later this week before spending time upgrading to another beta.

localhost
Experienced

05 Jun 2012, 20:43

mjau-mjau wrote:
localhost wrote:However, unless you are dying to use the resizer, I would perhaps wait for the final release of Imagevue X2.8 later this week before spending time upgrading to another beta.
I will wait for sure... no need for me to upgrade to the latest beta as I'm quite happy already.

Thanks for the support Karl and Nick...