Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

stan
Topic Author

html menu covered by gallery / deeplink issue / roadmap V2

10 Sep 2008, 17:10

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the fantastic application you have build!

Without hesitation I have bought a commercial license with the intention to use imagevue in a html-website (joomla).

http://www.squidbone.com/joomla2/

The integration of Imagevue in the main site is going quite well but unfortunately I run into 2 major problems:

1. MENU COVERED
Dropdown menu of Joomla is covered by the SWF. (only on PC - firefox )

I have found some info here:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... ight=wmode
and tried adding this:
addParam("wmode", "transparent");
to index.php
But it has no effect.

Can you please explain how i can get it right?

2. DEEPLINK
I disabled the mainmenu within Imagevue because I want to deeplink from the html site (dropdownmenu) to different subgalleries in imagevue. But if I use the wrapper and link it to a subgallery or image in that subgallery I am being 'redirected' to the gallery that is defined in the tempate under 'startpath'...

3. ROADMAP V2
One of the reasons for me to buy ....
is that I could tweak the FLA files.
I only found out after downloading that the FLA's are not included.
I would like to replace some of the fonts.
Could you please give me an indication / roadmap to the non-beta version?

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Situation:
- Mac / firefox
- Joomla 1.5
- Son of suckerfish dropdownmenu
- Imagevue V2 / integrated through 'wrapper' in Joomla

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Sep 2008, 04:56

#1 - You need to use the wmode parameter, as you refer to yourself. You need to edit templates/index_gallery.phtml, unless you are embedding the SWF in your own page. Locate the chunk of code:
Code
{allowScriptAccess: 'always', allowFullScreen: true, bgcolor: '#FFFFFF'}
... where you can add the wmode parameter:
Code
{allowScriptAccess: 'always', allowFullScreen: true, bgcolor: '#FFFFFF', wmode: 'transparent'}
#2 - It seems the SWFAddress javascript module is not working here as you perhaps would want it to, but there would be a logical explanation. You are virtually using a separate page for your gallery, and you are accessing the iframe like this:
Code
src="http://www.squidbone.com/imagevue/#/content/pictures1/"
The gallery will load as normal, but when the SWFAddress javascript tries to trigger, it will look in the url bar for your main window, which does not include any #path. I don't think it can lookup the SRC for the page that is loaded. There may be ways around this, perhaps by also including the SWFAddress javascript into your main page, but honestly I think this is slightly ahead of any knowledge I have for right now. Perhaps we can look into later? The SWFAddress is a chapter for itself, and can't really be considered the same as sending a normal parameter through to the gallery(like ?paramater=value). It needs to be set, intercepted by javascript, and then forwarded through to the SWF by some internal communication methods.

You could of course use the startpath parameter instead in your SRC. F.ex:
Code
src="http://www.squidbone.com/imagevue/?startpath=content/pictures1/"

#3 - We are not against releasing the source file, but I'd rather not release before after public release. Another question, is that I wonder what kinda changes people want to make with the FLA? You don't need the FLA to edit any of the fonts/style - This is done with the CSS file in your theme folder:
http://www.squidbone.com/imagevue/image ... agevue.css
(It can be edited from admin also, goto admin -> themes -> edit your theme -> edit theme stylesheet).

Thanks for your contribution with Imagevue V2 vs. Joomla. I'm sure its a hazardous path with many configurations and paths to take into consideration. I am very interested in Joomla integration, so I wouldn't mind helping you out where necessary, although right now we are still trying to finish off the gallery for public release.

stan
Topic Author

11 Sep 2008, 09:04

Dear Karl,

Excellent!
Both problems solved!!

Many thanks for your quick response.
#3 - We are not against releasing the source file, but I'd rather not release before after public release. Another question, is that I wonder what kinda changes people want to make with the FLA? You don't need the FLA to edit any of the fonts/style - This is done with the CSS file in your theme folder:
http://www.squidbone.com/imagevue/image ... agevue.css
I would like to EMBED a specific font into the SWF to have a more distinct look, like I have on my original flashsite (www.squidbone.com).
The only way to implement it is in the FLA right?

Another thing is that I would like to adjust the thumbnail pop up textblock.

Thanks for your contribution with Imagevue V2 vs. Joomla. I'm sure its a hazardous path with many configurations and paths to take into consideration. I am very interested in Joomla integration, so I wouldn't mind helping you out where necessary, although right now we are still trying to finish off the gallery for public release.
Thanks for your offer. For now all my problems seems to have been solved.

Regarding integration with/development for joomla some considerations though:

If imagevue is combined with joomla the gallery will need to fit within a framework and there will be less space available for the gallery. in that case the CROPTOSTAGE or ORIGINAL (only f images are equal or larger than the stage) is IMO the most esthetic/clean display option.

But since the positioning of the text and description is relative to the IMAGE it will appear (relative to the joomla template ) in different places if the imagesizes differ from each other.

When using CROP TO STAGE / ORIGINAL(image larger than stage) It would be nice if the positioning of the textblocks could be relative to the STAGE instead.

I cannot tweak the y-position of the thumbnailscroller and the height of the background of the thumbnail scroller. Right now the lower part of the thumbscrollerbackground is invisible. It will be visible if I make the thumbframeborder larger, but I like a small frame border.