Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

dnachef
Topic Author

thumbnails can't be generated in some folders

07 Sep 2008, 04:17

I have checked permissions and given full control to the contents folder and all subfolders.

www.iolani2019.org try the first folder, first subfolder. nothing shows up because the thumbnails can't be generated.

I read other topics where it was fixed by various reasons, but my folder and filenames don't have illegal characters in them like & or '

any other ideas?

thanks!!!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Sep 2008, 08:04

All I can tell immediately, is that data can not be stored in some of your folders (at least the one you mention). It is not able to save any data to the "folderdata.xml" file, and if it can't do that, it won't be able to save thumbnails either.

Now, I'm not going to insist that you haven't set permissions for some folders, but I would check this again because it's certainly acting that way.

Try clicking "Clear Cache" from the admin also. There is also a diagnostics tool in the admin which should help to see what folders are "writable". If you still can't solve it, perhaps you can provide your admin login so I can take a look?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

07 Sep 2008, 08:41

Everybody with thumbnails issues, please PM:

1. Description of the issue
2. FTP login/password
3. Imagevue login/password

We trying to investigate.
firedev.com

dnachef
Topic Author

double and triple checked permission settings

07 Sep 2008, 17:40

I double and triple checked permission settings for full control. perhaps I'm not setting it correctly for some account PHP needs? I'm not a PHP developer, so is there another security account on Windows server/IIS that needs full control other than IUSR_MYMACHINENAME ?

I also deleted all but one photo in that first folder/subfolder to eliminate as many variables as possible for troubleshooting.

my admin login is [hidden]

http://iolani2019.org/imagevue

I can't see the diagnostic page because I get the "fatal error ... 30 second" timeout message.

the other thing I noticed is the 3 warning signs in the admin in the upper right saying things about GD2, mbstring, and exif extentions but I think I've added those to the ext folder and uncommented in php.ini

thanks!!!!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Sep 2008, 23:14

As long as the warnings are displaying at the top, you can be sure its having problems running those extensions, including the GD extension which is used to create thumbnails.

I gotta say though, your server is not only incorrectly setup - It is incredibly slow for some reason. I have been running Imagevue V2 on old laptops quicker than this, and without timeouts.

Perhaps Pain has some suggestions?

PS! I removed your admin login, as that should not be public ...

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

08 Sep 2008, 01:32

Not sure I can add lots, server is slow, GD is required, you have to contact your hosting provider and ask em to enable gd and mbstring extensions, that will help to atleast make gallery working.

On this page http://iolani2019.org/imagevue/index.ph ... &a=phpinfo
it says:
Configure Command cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--with-gd=shared"

So it seems like they tried to enable GD atleast.

And slowness isnt critical:
http://iolani2019.org/?a=folders
Generation Time 8.215857 sec

But it timesouts in admin diagnostics, we'll increase time limits for that.
firedev.com

dnachef
Topic Author

ran your test file

12 Sep 2008, 23:05

i ran your test files in the test.zip. the GD2 link returned this error:

GD2 Probe:

If everything is okay you should see a green mark below,
otherwise contact your hosting provider.

PHPInfo:
ImageCreateFromJpeg...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\iolani2019\test\gdtest.php on line 23
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

your example test pages have dirtest.php and dir2.php but those arent' in the test.zip download. it would be great to run those tests as well since one they would tell me how PHP "sees" the permission settings.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

13 Sep 2008, 02:40

Yes, as I said its not enabled on your server, email your hoster and ask them to turn it on.
firedev.com