Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

andrewn
Experienced
Topic Author

Description Text

05 Sep 2008, 09:42

In the V1, "carriage returns" or line breaks entered in the admin feature from the keyboard were represented on screen as new lines, without having to add any fancy html code. In V2, when typing a line break in the description box, it shows initial in the admin module, does not get reflected on the screen when viewing the gallery image description, and then when returning to the admin module, it has been lost. Help to correct this would be much appreciated.

There is also some funky stuff with special characters...such as © It works, but after returning to the admin function it does not display properly in the description box.

Many thanks,
Andrew

BTW - V2 is awesome! and the admin function has made everything so much easier and faster to set up! Many thanks and well done!

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

05 Sep 2008, 10:33

Need to test ©, and newlines to linebreaks added in todo.
firedev.com

andrewn
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Sep 2008, 16:24

Great, thanks!

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

07 Sep 2008, 08:33

The only explanation I have - you got old version, there was a bug like that before. But not anymore.
firedev.com

andrewn
Experienced
Topic Author

07 Sep 2008, 10:55

I downloaded v2 just one week ago. It is not functioning properly for me...if it's been fixed, tell me which componenet of the upload files I should replace. My guess is it's still a problem of the beta. Linebreaks in the description text as caption of an image do not work. The Copyright symbol (and perhaps other special characters) behave in a funky way. And unlike V1, it is not possible to use HTML codes to create italic, bold etc emphasis in the caption as was possible in V1.
Thanks,
Andrew

andrewn
Experienced
Topic Author

07 Sep 2008, 11:03

BTW - all I want to be able to do, is provide a picture caption such as the following (somewhat standard caption for a piece of artwork):

Paulette Frankl ©2008
The Wave
Acrylic on canvas
24 x 48 inches

Right now, I cannot place this on separate lines, and the © appears as Paulette FrankylÃ� © in the admin module and Paulette Frankyl © on screen in the gallery after entering the name followed by alt-0169.
Also, the text runs on on one text-wrapped line, even though entered in the caption module as multiple lines...

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

07 Sep 2008, 12:25

For new lines you have to add <br>'s at the end of lines, we will provide wysiwig editor some time later.

What about ©2008 - just copy imagevue/ directory over. Or if you wondering about exact files, my bet is include/ and templates/ directory.
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Sep 2008, 12:44

andrewn wrote:I downloaded v2 just one week ago. It is not functioning properly for me...if it's been fixed, tell me which componenet of the upload files I should replace. My guess is it's still a problem of the beta. Linebreaks in the description text as caption of an image do not work. The Copyright symbol (and perhaps other special characters) behave in a funky way. And unlike V1, it is not possible to use HTML codes to create italic, bold etc emphasis in the caption as was possible in V1.
I think I have to explain here that all the fields(including title and description) are HTML fields. That means that they support a range of textformatting tags like <br><b><i>(and more) - In fact it supports more than in V1. The difference here is that this is a pure HTML textfield, which gives you a lot of flexibility to add the code as you like - For the same reason, linebreaks dont just appear by clicking return, but you need to add <br/> for a linebreak just like in any other HTML pages.

This is how HTML works:
The following source code ...
Code
Hello World,

Today is a beautiful day!
... will display as:
Code
Hello World,Today is a beautiful day!
While the following source code ...
Code
Hello World,<br/>
<br/>
... will display as:
Code
Hello World,

I think the © issue will be fixed in next release.

andrewn
Experienced
Topic Author

07 Sep 2008, 12:59

Thanks...yes I have the line breaks working now, and look forward to the © fix!

The previous post from Nick suggested downloading V2 dated 9/3/08 and I see there are some enhancements in that update.

Forgive my naivete, but am I right in thinking that if I replace the older imagevue directory with an upload of the new one, and copy over my "current Content folder" from the earlier V2 beta installation, everything should work?

Many thanks as always...
Andrew

andrewn
Experienced
Topic Author

07 Sep 2008, 13:03

please ignore the upload question...I checked and already have the 09/03 version installed...