X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

imsam
Experienced
Topic Author

Is the beta reasonably stable?

22 Aug 2008, 14:56

Hi,

I'm thinking about playing with the beta but wanted to wait till it's reasonably stable. Just wanted to get some feedback from those who have already implemented the beta on their sites.
Thanks,

Sam

nz-photo
Experienced

22 Aug 2008, 18:53

For me it seems rstable enough, besides 1 or 2 minor bugs still there.
But keep in mind the fact that updates are coming out regualrly so you'll have to re-upload some files and overall make some changes within config files about your theme to keep your modifications on...
That could be a right reason to wait till the final comes out or that the main updates are...
Empty your mind, be formless, be shapeless, like water...
www.nz-photo.com

imsam
Experienced
Topic Author

Do I dare ask the question?

22 Aug 2008, 18:56

NZ-Photo,

Thanks for your reply. Do I dare ask the big question -- this is one is for Karl -- "Is there a rough time frame for the final release?" :-)
Thanks,

Sam

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Do I dare ask the question?

22 Aug 2008, 21:00

imsam wrote:NZ-Photo,

Thanks for your reply. Do I dare ask the big question -- this is one is for Karl -- "Is there a rough time frame for the final release?" :-)
"Final" release(We don't really know what to call it, because it won't be final) will for sure come in September. If you have to wait until the end of that month, I don't know, but perhaps earlier?

The gallery is relatively stable already, but there are some main features missing(FLV, startpage options, breadcrumbs to mention a few). Another reason why we are keeping it "beta" is because of the the config/theme files. There is no simple way to upgrade without having to redo all your customizations, so before we release upon public, we need to make sure there will not be too many public changes to these files. We might even want to figure out some method of auto-updating user config/theme files without overwriting any customizations, but I am not quite sure how feasible that is.

Pedro
Experienced

slideshow still unstable

23 Aug 2008, 08:17

if you start a slideshow, it sometimes just stops after some pics for no reason.
If you go back it starts from beginning.
Pedro Tirolo

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

24 Aug 2008, 15:48

I think we call it '2.0'.
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: slideshow still unstable

25 Aug 2008, 11:41

Pedro wrote:if you start a slideshow, it sometimes just stops after some pics for no reason.
If you go back it starts from beginning.
I am not aware of this bug...