Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

ssuhy
Topic Author

Image description bug

17 Aug 2008, 00:54

Repro: I have created a folder, 'originally' named it say "3D", uploaded images to it, then I want to change the name of it. I name it ".three dee", hit Save, all seems good, right? Hit the arrow back by "content", name changes back to 3D. Now I'm starting to notice this same error with editing image descriptions. Rename, save...all seems good until I hit the arrow back, or go to Manage, etc. I've even tried the Clear Cache in the manager as well as manually deleting the cache in Firefox 3 AND Exploder 7. I am also running Vista. Any ideas on this one? I have all my images, background and mp3's ready, I'm just having a ton of difficulty on descriptions!!! HELP! :cry:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Aug 2008, 03:26

I need to clear a few things before I can understand 100%:

# When you say 'hit the arrow back by "content"', what button do you mean? You mean the browser navigation 'previous'?

# Are you 100% sure you have set folder permissions? Are you 100% sure it is saving your new data to the folderdata.xml files? I suspect it isn't ...

# I have to tell you "Clear cache" is not the same as clearing the cache in your browser. The "Clear cache" in the admin clears the data in Imagevue related to imagecount and thumbnail attributes. Once cleared, the frontend will be a little slow the first time you run it, because it has to do a few extra operations counting through folders and subfolders. This is probably not related to your issue anyway ...

# I don't think browser/OS is related to your problem either, but are you running the web server on VISTA also?(just checking...)

ssuhy
Topic Author

17 Aug 2008, 19:03

1) There are double "greater than/less than" symbols that surround the image number, say "1/15"...using those. OR, same thing happens when I navigate back to the content folder by just clicking on "content"

2) Every single folder and file has read/write permissions...used IPswitch's WS_FTP to set them and then double checked their permissions under "Diagnostics" AND under WS_FTP...all folderdat.xml files have read, write and executable permissions set

3) ok

4) I am using Yahoo's web hosting service

Can email you my web space if needed to diagnose. thx

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Aug 2008, 22:12

please send me link and pass to your admin, and I will look into ...