X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

MacDo
Experienced
Topic Author

text1 and text2 alignment

16 Aug 2008, 05:52

Hello,

I did not manage to align text1 or text2 to the right of the image, with 20080814 update...

I added in the theme css file some "text-align: right;" for text_1_* declarations and for text_2_* declarations, cleared cache, but the texts are still displayed with left alignment...

Am I wrong or is this a bug ?? It's strange because this was ok with previous versions...

Moreover, would it be possible to add this text-alignment option in the admin panel ? I think it would be easier to edit than manually editing the css file...

Thanks for your help !

MacDo

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Aug 2008, 07:09

alignment of text is not set in CSS, it is set in the text.text1.style setting in your theme config. This property allows you to set the whereabouts you want the text to display.

The align option you are speaking of in CSS, only sets text-alignment within its own textbox!

Unlike for HTML pages, the CSS for the gallery is basically only used for pure textformatting within a text object. The text settings like style, event and width have to be set through the flash code and are therefore controlled by the theme settings file.

As for your last question - Since you can edit this item in theme settings, I guess its not a problem anymore. However, you are of course aware that you can edit the CSS files from the admin also?

MacDo
Experienced
Topic Author

17 Aug 2008, 08:00

What I tried to do is to display text2 above the picture, but aligned horizontally to its right.

I don't know why It didn't work last time because I changed the image.text.text2.style from "above" to "below" and then from "below" to "above" and now the text is displayed above the image, and flushed to its right edge. So now It's ok. Maybe it was a cache problem. Apologies.

But I had to add the "text-align: right;" option to the .text_2 declaration in the css file to have the right alignment of the text.

I think there is no such alignment option in the admin panel... since I had to modify the css file to do it. So my suggestion to add this option is still valid...

Of course I know that I can edit the css file in the admin panel... But doing this way, errors in css file appears after each modification since each modification of css inside the admin zone replaces quotes (") by backslashed-quotes (\"). For instance, "Times New Roman" is replaced first time by \"Times New Roman\" then by \\"Times New Roman\\" and so on... I think this is a bug...

I'm really sorry for my english, I'm doing my best... Do you understand what I mean ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Aug 2008, 10:54

Yes you are right - You often need to use a combination of CSS and configuration settings for placement and alignment of text. The setting in theme config tells where to place the textblock, while the CSS can controls the text alignment inside the textblock.

You are also right about the bug. Items that are contained within "quotes" creates corrupted lines on save. It is not critical to your CSS, unless you are actually using one of the fonts ... We will have it fixed shortly anyway.

MacDo
Experienced
Topic Author

17 Aug 2008, 12:42

Thank you very much for your answer :) Happy to see that you understand what I mean :)

MacDo
Experienced
Topic Author

09 Sep 2008, 08:38

I updated with the 03 September 2008 version. The bug of corrupted lines when editing the CSS is now fixed. Thanks ! Good job :)

But my suggestion of specifying the alignment of the text1 & text2 inside their textblocks is not implemented yet. This is not a real problem, but I think It would be great in future versions, don't you think so ?

Well, you're the boss and if you think that this is not necessary, I will probably agree :)

Thanks once more !

MacDo

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Sep 2008, 09:41

I think there must be a misunderstanding ... You can align text within its textblock with CSS:
Code
text-align: [right,left,center];

MacDo
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Sep 2008, 11:00

Yeah, ok... I thought that you planned to add a dropdown list to the properties of the text1 & text2 in the theme configuration... As there is a dropdown for the text-block, I imagined that it would be easier for the user to have a dropdown for the text alignment too.

But it's ok for me to modify the css, of course... :) It doesn't matter, really :)

Thank you very much :)

MacDo