Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

terR0Q
Topic Author

CMS Integration

04 Aug 2010, 11:57

Good day!

I'm currently integrating Imagevuex with Umbraco CMS.

The question is: can Imagevuex work without any supporting php files? And if it can't, what's the minimal php files set to make it running?

Another thing: is it enough to generate dynamic folderdata.xml files with absolute links to images that can be stored in any other folder than 'content' folder? I've already made a script that generates such a list providing something like:
Code
<folder description="" sort="auto" page="gallery" pageContent="" hidden="" maxThumbWidth="160" maxThumbHeight="120" fileMod="" parameters="" previewimage="" title="Some album" fileCount="1" totalFileCount="1"><file description="" name="/media/187/bg.jpg" title="bg"><caption /></file></folder> 
Thing is: galleries are generated in Umbraco admin panel.

Although I've already simulated content folder structure (subfolders and folderdata.xml) I'm stuck upon one last thing: how to get Imagevuex load files from some custom folders.

Flash object is included this way:
Code
<script type="text/javascript">
		//<![CDATA[
		var flashVars = {
			foreground_color: 'EEEEEE',
			background_color: '222222'
		};

flashVars.theme = 'default';
		flashVars.startpath = 'content/start/';

swfobject.embedSWF("/imagevue/imagevue2.swf", "imagevue", "100%", "100%", "8.0.0", "/imagevue/expressInstall.swf", flashVars, { allowScriptAccess: 'always', allowFullScreen: false, bgcolor: '#222222' }, { id: 'imagevue', name: 'imagevue' });
		// ]]>
	</script>
I'll repeat, that there are no actual images in content/start/, only dynamic pages with links to different album folders and folderdata.xml files built upon this info.

Any help is appreciated.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Aug 2010, 01:49

Well, I am a bit unsure exactly how you are trying to do this ... Of course you can integrate Imagevuex with your CMS, but it will be difficult to extract imagevue from all its PHP scripts. The entire core of Imagevue is based on PHP and it uses PHP to load menu(folder structure), folders and other specific functions.

The imagevue flash itself loads PHP which outputs XML - For example, the following PHP loads XML output from the content of the "start" folder:
https://www.photo.gallery/soda/imagevue.php? ... ent/start/

Imagevue is hardcoded to load PHP files, because it add parameters to all the calls, which are then handled serverside. You would have to edit the FLA source file to load XML files, but then I am not sure how you would keep it dynamic ...

You should be able to have your Umbraco CMS handle all the images and management without having to use the Imagevue admin. However, I think you need to keep most imagevue PHP files (except the files under /imagevue/admin/), because these are required for the SWF gallery to function.
terR0Q wrote:I'm stuck upon one last thing: how to get Imagevuex load files from some custom folders.
Not quite sure what you mean by "custom folders" here. Any folders that are within the Imagevue content folder, will be loaded into the gallery menu ... or you can even access folders directly through URL parameters like ?startpath=folder/subfolder/.
Last edited by mjau-mjau on 06 Aug 2010, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

terR0Q
Topic Author

06 Aug 2010, 13:08

Then as i see the simplest way in my situation is:
1. Keep imagevue with all PHP files necessary (except admin application) in a site directory.
2. Give it a content folder (with albums subfolders) in a site directory.
3. Provide a list of virtual files in content subfloders. Actual files will be mapped by Umbraco in a page-handler.

But this will only work if image requests are handled virtually not physically.

Does gallery sends requests to PHP handler telling it which folder to scan? I mean, what does actually happen when we navigate into a gallery: http request to each image listed in folderdata.xml or http request to PHP handler which then returns image?

Speaking of imagevuex sources: where can i get them? In commericial pach there are no FLA files for gallery itself.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Aug 2010, 14:09

terR0Q wrote:Then as i see the simplest way in my situation is:
1. Keep imagevue with all PHP files necessary (except admin application) in a site directory.
2. Give it a content folder (with albums subfolders) in a site directory.
3. Provide a list of virtual files in content subfloders. Actual files will be mapped by Umbraco in a page-handler.

But this will only work if image requests are handled virtually not physically.
1. yes
2. yes, although your "content" folder should be within the gallery folder, or you may have to do some small modifications to the PHP. Some servers dont allow the PHP scripts to loads files and folders from PARENT folders outside its own folder.

3. I am really not sure what you mean by this "virtual files" so I can't really say anything about it. Image requests are handled physically - Imagevue gets a list of all files in a folder and then simply loads a specific JPG file. You could change this by editing the PHP file, for example some "filehanlder.php?file=somepath" ... Not really sure what your ideas are here, but I would try to not complicate things that already work.
terR0Q wrote:Does gallery sends requests to PHP handler telling it which folder to scan? I mean, what does actually happen when we navigate into a gallery: http request to each image listed in folderdata.xml or http request to PHP handler which then returns image?
Yes. When you click a menu item, Imagevue loads PHP that outputs XML of the content of the specific folder. For example the same link as I gave your previously:
https://www.photo.gallery/soda/imagevue.php? ... ent/start/

After the LIST is loaded into the gallery, it will load separate JPG files directly. You would have to change this line from the FLA source code if you are creating some dynamic method ...
terR0Q wrote:Speaking of imagevuex sources: where can i get them? In commericial pach there are no FLA files for gallery itself.
Before editing the FLA source file, please read this:
viewtopic.php?t=4233

FLA source can be downloaded here:
www.photo.gallery/downloads/imagevue2_src.zip

terR0Q
Topic Author

09 Aug 2010, 11:25

Thx for reply and source! I'll inform you of my results, there's a visually nice site at stake here :)